Is your Sunshine Coast home cluttered with furniture you don’t need right now? Are you going for a long vacation out of the country?
Well, renting a storage unit might be the best possible solution for all your problems. It will keep your furniture safe and create ample space in your home. Although, you need to be careful while ensuring proper safety of your furniture and hire a suitable storage unit. Below are some useful tips to keep in mind while hiring a unit for storage in Sunshine Coast.
- Basics first – Nobody wants to store their belongings in a place which is full of dust and dirt. Make sure that the space you’re looking to rent is neat and clean.
Also, it should be leak-free as water from the outside can enter the space and damage your belongings.
- Clean your furniture before storing – Storing dirty furniture can compromise the quality of your furniture. Maybe your couch has food crumbs from your last house party; it will attract insects to have a party of their own.
- Cover your furniture adequately – Now that the cleaning part is done, it’s time to move onto the next step – the covering part. Cover delicate pieces with a bubble wrap and larger pieces with a plastic sheet or blanket.
- Use thick plastic sheets – Thick plastic sheets are your best friend while moving heavy furniture. They will protect the furniture and the floor, and will also make sliding the furniture easier.
- Rent a climate-controlled space – Sunshine Coast is a region with high humidity. In order to protect your furniture from moisture, you need to rent the right storage unit. A climate-controlled unit is what you’re looking for.
You’ll be able to control the temperature and humidity levels inside the space. Also, if you maintain a normal temperature, chances of cracking and other damages decrease.
- Disassemble larger items – Larger items can often be disassembled into small pieces. It will help you transport and store things smartly.
For example, taking out the legs from tables or cushions from the couch will help you move better and store smarter. Don’t forget to keep all the nuts and bolts in a safe place so that you can easily construct your furniture again.
- Store strategically – Storing furniture is an art that everyone can learn. All you need is some basic knowledge and common sense. Create a strategic plan of your storage process so that there is proper airflow between the items.
One of the first things is to place heavier items at the bottom and lighter items at the top.
- Invest in an alarm system – Ensure that your storage area is in a secure locality. If such is not the case, investing in an alarm system would be a great idea. After all, it is the matter of security of your valuable stuff.