Bikaner is a camel country popular for ancient monuments and deserts. Here, camels were not only used for transportation but they were the status symbol and an epitome of trade and finance as well. Every year thousands of tourists join and become a part of the iconic Bikaner Camel Festival where camels are traded and various cultural activities are enjoyed. The festival is organized by the government in order to promote tourism and showcase the heritage and culture of camel country, Bikaner. If you want to witness the celebrations of Bikaner Camel Festival then book Rajasthan Tour Packages and experience and see something you have never seen before.
When is the Bikaner Camel Festival?
12th January – 13 January 2019
How Bikaner Camel Festival is celebrated?
The festival is celebrated at the backdrop of the Junagarh Fort and one can see numerous camels dressed in traditional attire. To attract the traders and merchants, several cultural activities are arranged. In the evening, when people get tired of trading and activities, they indulge into enjoying the folk dance and music performances by the locals. Fireworks illuminate the sky with colors, glitters and sparkle. Some experience the desert camping and sleep under the sky while some choose hotels for accommodation.
Highlights of the Bikaner Camel Festival
- Folk dance and music performances.
- Camels decorated with jewelry and colorful shawls traditionally.
- Camel Race.
- Display of articles made by camel leather, camel milk, and delicacies made by camel milk for selling.
- Competitions like camel decoration, camel dance, Mr. Bikaner and Miss Bikaner take place.
- Traditional games and activities.
- Puppet Shows.
- Camel beauty shows.
- Rajasthani fire dance.
- Heritage Walk.
Things to do in the Bikaner Camel Festival
- Bikaner sightseeing that includes the exploration of Museums, Junagarh Fort, Lalgarh Museum, National Breeding Farm etc.
- Camel Safari through the villages to better connect with the culture of Rajasthan.
- Try out delicious food made by camel milk like ice cream, tea etc.
- Exploration of pilgrimage sites such as Jain and Hindu temples.
- Shopping of handicrafts, pottery, camel leather made articles, textiles, trinkets and so on.
So, by booking Rajasthan Vacation Packages, plan your visit to Bikaner and enjoy the celebration of the popular Bikaner Camel Festival.