Breast cancer awareness is an effort that is processed to make people aware of this disease and reduce the chance for people to have it through education on symptoms and treatment.
Many people yet believe that cancer is uncurable, Supporters believe that greater knowledge will lead to earlier recognition of breast cancer, and people will be aware of the treatment and ways to raise funds if they are not able to bear all the expenses on their own, there is a process called chemotherapy it is very severe but really effective many people have been recovered though it, with proper awareness of breast cancer a patient has higher survival rates, and many breast cancer awareness campaigns raise a very good amount of money which is also donate to breast cancer research center which is working to make even better treatments for breast cancer which could be more effective and less painful.
There are some best charities which are working specifically for this cause, some very known name of best international charities is:
- Breast Cancer Research Foundation.
- National Breast Cancer Coalition Fund.
- Breast Cancer Prevention Partners (formerly Breast Cancer Fund)
- National Breast Cancer Foundation.
- Susan Love Research Foundation.
- Lynn Sage Cancer Research Foundation.
A whole month of October is specially dedicated to breast cancer awareness and its fund-raising activities, as many women are affected by this disease. And every year, most of them die because of no proper guidance or due to lack of enough money.
- Crowdfunding is a way of fundraising where one can set up an online donation page then ask your family and supports to donate and suggest it to others. It is this simple and quick with no expense. By the right way of promotion and campaign strategy, you can raise a lot of money in a short amount of time.
National Breast Cancer Awareness Month (NBCAM) formed in 1985 in October incorporation with the American Cancer Society & the pharmaceutical division of Imperial Chemical Industries. The purpose of the NBCAM from the start has been to promote mammography as the most effective armament in the fight against breast cancer
The process of scheduling a successful Cancer Awareness Campaign can seem intimidating.
- Identify your goal, first let yourself know for what reason you need to process a campaign
- Set a date,this may seem basic, but weather, commute schedules, school holidays, competing events and several different factors can make a major difference in determining the best date and time of day for your event
- Choose a location, location, which is easy to find and reach is generally the best location. To find the best location, know who you are trying to reach.
- Build a volunteer base, either it’s just a pair of close friends or a team of community members, this is a time that needs two heads which are better than one, and many hands make light work.
- Comprise the community, reach out to the businesses/organizations in your community in seeking support for your cancer awareness campaign efforts.
- Offer something to your visitors, the most important thing you will be offering your guests is information and an opportunity to do good.
- Thank your volunteers, do not forget to thank the volunteers/members of the community who facilitated to make your cancer awareness campaign successful which also includes members of your community members who helped out, your planning team, and any corporate sponsors who supported your work.