Photocopiers are an expensive office equipment and due diligence is needed in purchasing it. It is not possible for one to replace it soon if it is found that business needs are not being met or if it frequently giving cause for complaints. The following tips will put one on the right track for buying this indispensable machinery:
- Price is a consideration in any kind of purchase, whether it is office equipment or even grocery! However, unlike grocery or other such perishable items, where cost is a one time; machinery has a recurring cost too in terms of repairs, maintenance, and oiling and depreciation costs. This is why when buying Photocopiers all these factors should be taken into account and then price compared between different models or brands.
- Nowadays, many organizations want to give an image of being environment friendly. In order for this image to work one has to genuinely take some steps towards a greener world. Thus office equipment’s which are not a menace or are limited in their negative impact on environment should be chosen. Machines which conserve a significant amount of energy should ideally be purchased. This is a win-win situation for both environment and the organization which will get lower electricity bills.
- There are some models of copying machines that need to be gently handled and rough handling may damage its parts. Thus, if an organization is going to have employees from all departments using the machine; rough handling is unavoidable. For such offices a hardy and durable machine should be selected after some market research.
- Quantity of papers that are copied in a day in an origination will also determine the purchase decision about what capacity to buy.
The warranty period is also an important factor. For large organizations, brands that provide several years of warranty or that have a provision of any extended warranty should be opted for since there will be more wear and tear in the places and repair costs can be quite huge. Find out in detail about the need of any annual maintenance contract in addition to the warranty. This will help prevent any big repairs or costs from rising unexpectedly.
- Will the manufacturer provide any free software updates and technical support during the first year of purchase or during the entire warranty period if it is greater than a year?
- If any parts need to be replaced; how long will the company take to do this? Remember, this is a very important issue to factor in since delays in replacement will mean that an origination will have to outsource copying services. If numbers of copies are huge then it can prove to be a financial strain.
The above points are guidelines and some more considerations can be added for a perfect, long lasting and reliable copying machine. If still want to know now more about Photocopier then let’s go to the details.