Gonorrhea is a sexually transmitted disease. Some medical forums even claim it to be a sexually transmitted infection. This is because it is bacteria called Neisseria gonorrhoeae responsible for causing the disease. Both male and female can suffer the symptoms of Gonorrhea.
Anybody can acquire Gonorrhea health issues in their body system if they are sexually active and don’t use any kind of protection during intercourse. Usually, the bacteria infect genitals, rectum and even throat. No need to get tensed as the diseases is treatable if diagnosed in early stage. To know more about this kind of STD, first you need to know its causes.
Know the causes or risk factors associated with Gonorrhea:
- The major reason is having unprotected sex.
- You may be involved in way of performing sexual intercourse with the person already suffering from Gonorrhea, there are high chances of you falling prey to the disease.
- While touching the infected part.
- Most of the STD kinds of ailments are generally spread through ejaculation while having sex however you can acquire Gonorrhea even if you touch the infected part of the other person.
- The bacteria can enter through anyway in your body system.
- It just needs an opening like your mouth, penis, anal or vagina to enter the body.
Symptoms aren’t quite specific as it may initially seem like effect of any kind of infectious disease. Even if you complain to your medical practitioner, they may first start prescribing medication for urinary tract infection, strep throat or for Hemorrhoids as the symptoms of Gonorrhea are similar to this kind of infectious ailments.
Noting few of the symptoms identifying negative aspect of Gonorrhea:
- In women:
- Occurrence of virginal discharge.
- Feel pain while urinating.
- Have pain in lower abdomen or in pelvic region.
- Having bleeding between menstrual cycles.
- In men:
- Seeing a greenish or yellowish color of discharger of penis.
- You feel pain and may have even swelling in the scrotum or testicles.
- While passing urine pain is felt.
These kinds of symptoms when observed need to be checked and medication should be started to get relief soon otherwise it may cause grave health issues like infertility, septic arthritis, miscarriage can happen and can even be a cause for blindness.
Re-infection is a great possibility in such kind of STD even after having right treatment. To know whether you are having Gonorrhea, the best way is to have the tests done. If your sexual partner already had treatment for Gonorrhea, you need to do the tests every six months or annually.
While you have decided to finally have tests done to know if you have Gonorrhea, it is best to do it at Same Day STD Testing. There are help centers to contact online to know the nearest testing center. Moreover, your results will be kept confidential and their advocate will help you to understand more about the lab test and the result. So, have no fear and visit the website samedaystdtesting.com.