Planning on a making a change to your kitchen? Maybe, new kitchen appliances alone do not change the atmosphere and aesthetic look of your kitchen, but they make life easier and improve functional aspect becoming your kitchen centerpiece. Since the average life expectancy of most heavy kitchen appliances is from 11 years to maximum 18 years, there is the time to consider their replacement and related kitchen renovations. On average homeowners spend about 14% of their kitchen renovation costs only on purchase and installation of new kitchen appliances. With a large selection of available premium options, choosing and buying the right appliances for your kitchen renovation turns out to be a very important decision and serious undertaking. Find out here some helpful tips to consider before purchasing the future of your appliances:
- To be or not to be? Replace or repair? If working life of your appliance is only a few years, repairing is the best solution; but if it is older than 8-10 years, start searching for more advanced models.
- Think of the number of popular small countertop appliances in your kitchen. According statistics they are: food processors, blenders, coffee markers, slow cookers, stand mixers, wine coolers, espresso machines, toaster ovens and soda makers. Will you need all of them?
- Take into account different factors to integrate your appliances seamlessly and safely within your kitchen Measure the space to ensure that it will fit. Work out if you have to remove or replace a unit or change the size of necessary space. Consult certified appliance installation specialists, if you have any concerns about gas supply or the electrical works.
- Hire a professional kitchen appliance specialist to install or replace your appliances. Appliance installation is a complex process because often both electrical and plumbing issues are involved, use a professional to avoid pricy mistakes to provide smooth work and correct assemblage of your purchase. Feel confident with appropriately done job. Improper kitchen appliance installation can result in a bad gas connection or plumbing, and you’ll have to spend much more kitchen renovation costs.
- Do not move heavy appliances to avoid damaging them, the walls and floor, the cabinets and even yourself. Consider eco-friendly removal of old appliances. You can sell working ones, recycle, donate, pay the store to take them back or even strip and sell for parts.