If you work long hours or are having trouble with the endless energy levels of your canine, choosing a dog day care facility can be a great help.
Professional centers are much like social clubs for pooches and offer great care and affection. Your demanding lifestyle can be eased with help found to manage your best friend’s interests. Here are some things to consider before you choose a day care facility in Edmonton:
1. Travel Time
If you’re going to drop off and pick up your pet every day before and after work, you might want a center that’s on your way and closer to home. Dogs might get really tired with long commute and traffic every day and therefore, it is vital to pick a daycare that’s convenient for both, you and your dog.
2. Dog Screening
Always pick a day care facility that has the right method in place to interview your dog before placing him in a group. This will avoid aggressive encounters and keep your canine friend happy during the day time.
3. Affectionate Staff
The staff must be well-trained on dog behavior and body language and all play must recognize any signs of conflict or anxiety. You would want your dog to have a home away from home while you’re at work and this can only happen with loving and caring staff members.
4. Uncompromised Cleanliness
Cleanliness must be a top priority at the facility and it must be well-ventilated to keep your dog healthy and happy every day. Ensure that in the case of any accidents, the center manages immediate clean-ups and all other dogs at the daycare look healthy.
5. Physical Supervision
The staff members in charge of your dogs must be physically present with them at all times, rather than just supervising from a gate or a window. At no time should your dog be left alone at the daycare.
6. Apt Control Measures
These include calling away dogs when they are about to get into a fight, giving small interval periods of 2-3 minutes or training them towards more appropriate social behaviors. If the staff at the daycare is using techniques like yelling, punishing or physically manipulating pets, it may not be the right facility for your furry friend.
Warning Signs to Beware of
• Seeing dogs around that are constantly barking or pacing rather than resting
• Facilities that don’t require proof of vaccinations
• Kennels that mention they don’t allow aggressive breeds might not know the difference between behavior and temperament
• If they don’t allow you to drop in on their classes of training lab puppies or facilities unannounced
• Uncleanly environment
• Small, dirty and difficult to clean pens or a pen that isn’t escape proof
• Kennels that won’t show you where your dog will be kept
• Facilities where you can easily find peeling paint, blocked drains or jagged wire edges
Whether you want a day care facility in Edmonton to keep your dog healthy and happy during the day or want great classes for training lab puppies, doing the right research will help you find the perfect match for your best bud!