Women tolerate a lot of things over the course of their lives. Lazy partners, getting paid less at work, painful child birth, and for some reason uncomfortable shoes. Unfortunately, in our image-driven and materialistic society, woman are made to value appearance more than functionality. But trading comfort for style does not have to be the way forward as there are a number of shoe brands out there that tick both boxes.
Uncomfortable shows can result in a range of foot problems from temporary pain to ongoing impairment. Poor cushioning and lack of support are 2 of the main contributors to this.
Here are some tips on how to choose women’s shoes that maximise your comfort levels.
Tips on finding comfortable shoes
- The most important tip for you to find appropriate pair of shoes is to stand in new shoes. Then gently press the top portion of the shoe for getting surety that there is about a half-inch space between your longest toe and the end of toe.
- After wearing them, try to walk around for minutes at least for sensing how comfortable they make you feel. If they fit you snugly or pinch or slip off, then try for another pair of shoes.
- Prefer shopping for shoes during the afternoon because your foot tends to expand naturally during the day time.
- While going to the shoe-store, put on the same type of socks that you wish to wear with shoes.
- Choose those pair of shoes which has high elastic outsole, concrete heel, quarter, eyelet, upper and toe-cap are properly made and then try to fit your soft toes into it. This is perhaps one of the most appropriate ways for finding a perfect shoes for your soft feet.
- It is necessary to find those pair of shoes which are not only trendy but are available in different colours too because it determines fashion appeal. Rollie Nation shoes are lightweight, durable and trendy, meaning you can wear them anywhere. They have a range of colours and styles, making them perfect for women who like to match their outfits.
- Instead of choosing the shoes for its alluring appeal, go for your comfort level. Because what is shown in advertisement is not always true. More importantly pay attention to the width as well as the length of particular shoe and try to buy those set of shoes which are half a size bigger but not wider.
- Always go for those set of shoes which do not consist of any inner tags, seams or any other material that might cause itching problems to your feet.
- Do examine the sturdiness of the shoes that you wish to buy. Because longer the sturdy more is the longevity. While walking around the shoe store, make note how comfortable you would feel and even try to walk on hard surfaces.
Don’t be afraid to walk out (pardon the pun) of a store if they don’t have a pair of shoes you find comfortable. You don’t need to consider the staff’s feelings and buy a pair out of obligation. Just because they spent 30 minutes helping you try on a range of products, if you don’t find what you’re looking for, go somewhere else!