Looking for help to get rid of dead zones from your home or office? No doubt that using the latest Linksys router can help you in getting wireless connectivity, but it is not powerful enough to provide fast internet connection in every corner of a house or workplace. So, Linksys range extender is the ultimate solution to this problem. Just perform Linksys extender setup and access internet everywhere you want.
However, there are several reasons why you get improper WiFi signals. A few of them are usage of wireless bandwidth, position of router, concrete or metal walls etc. Wireless signals are a kind of radio waves that get refracted from any interference-creating devices making them weak. At times, placing the router to a clean area can resolve this issue but it doesn’t work every time. Therefore, the permanent solution to this problem is to set up a Linksys WiFi range extender. In this post, we will tell you how to perform Linksys range extender setup manually without any issue. Read on.
How does Linksys extender work?
As we all know that Linksys is one of the leading brands which provide high-tech and up-to-date WiFi range extenders. There are several models of Linksys extenders available in the market e.g. RE6500 AC1200, RE6300, RE6500, RE3000W N300, RE6400 and a lot more. These extenders amplify the wireless signals incoming from router.
Almost all Linksys extenders work on the same technology. They boost the existing wireless signals and spread them to all over the home or office – even in dead zones. Basically, these devices act as a bridge or replicator which duplicates the weak signals in amplified signals.
Linksys Extender Configuration
Most of the extenders come with a LED on the front side which provides information about power and WiFi setup. The white color of this LED shows that power is on or firmware is updating or the extender is restoring the default factory settings. If this LED blinks in a solid white color, it indicates that the device is all set to be used by you. But blinking LED in another different color means that there is an issue with network setup.
That’s why make sure to configure the extender properly so that no problem arises during the setup process. Extenders also include an Ethernet port with which the entire wireless network can be connected. Moreover, this port is even meant to send or receive data. In case you face any problem while configuring your wireless range extender, don’t forget to take help from our highly-experienced technicians at toll-free 1-844-677-7233. They will guide you step by step to get rid of the issue and make extender configuration a success.
Things to know before Linksys initial setup
- Ensure to have an active internet connection throughout the setup process.
- Do not use public WiFi or neighboring networks.
- Use cuts-less and damaged-free Ethernet cable.
- Connect the antennas of range extender.
- Make use of the latest version of web browser for Linksys extender login.
- Update the firmware of extender to the latest version.
Once you are done with all these things, go for Linksys WiFi range extender setup process. Here are the steps:
- Reset the extender to default factory settings.
- Once done, plug in it to a power source.
- Open any of your preferred web browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Explorer or Safari on a computer or laptop.
- In the address bar, type extender.linksys.com and press the enter key.
- Wait for a few seconds. A basic login screen will appear.
- Enter the username and password to log in.
- The setup window will open.
- Choose the wireless option.
- Click on manual radio button.
- Enter security settings for your extender.
Now, unplug the extender from the electrical socket and plug it back again but after a couple of minutes. Thus, your Linksys wireless range extender has been set up. If you find any difficulty during the setup process, feel free to get connected with our experts and ask them for solutions.