Congratulations! You just bought a brand new Linksys range extender. We must say you have made a very good decision. Linksys is a well-known brand when it comes to wireless range extenders. Linksys range extenders amplify the existing router range providing fast signals throughout the home or office. Looking for how to perform Linksys extender setup? If so, your search ends here. In this post, you will be guided through the complete steps to set up your range extender in a matter of minutes.
It often happens – when we buy anything new, we might be very curious to know each and every thing about that. Similarly, you might be very excited to know how to setup a Linksys range extender. There are two methods to do so and we will be learning both the methods to get the job done right.
Useful tips prior to Linksys range extender setup
It is recommended to keep some things into mind before getting started with the process of Linksys WiFi extender setup. Here are some handy yet excellent tips:
- As Linksys range extender is a plug and play device, so you should reset Linksys extender to factory settings.
- Put the extender in a neat and clean place.
- Keep the range extender a few feet away from electronic gadgets and metallic objects.
- You can place the extender anywhere in your house after the setup.
- linksys.com is the default web address to set up the Linksys extender.
How to hook up Linksys WiFi extender wirelessly
To set up your brand new Linksys range extender in a wireless manner, take these steps seriously:
- Un-box the pristine extender with great care.
- Do not un-pack the extender so harshly that its accessories get damaged.
- Once done, plug in the extender to a reliable wall socket.
- The wall plug should be damage-free.
- Turn on the range extending device i.e. Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Take any of the smart devices like computer, laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- Connect it to a wireless network.
- Next, connect to Linksys extender.
- Launch any of your preferred web browsers like Chrome or Firefox.
- Write linksys at the very top left side of the screen.
- It is known as the default Linksys extender login
- Start the setup process by following on-screen instructions.
- Change the language you like.
- Agree to the terms and conditions by clicking on next button.
- On the follow-up screen, you will see a list of available networks.
- Just choose one network to connect and enter the password.
- Click on next button to continue with the setup process.
- Follow the series of steps given on the screen.
- Use the admin password to lock the extender setup.
- Hit next and then save settings.
After that, reboot your Linksys WiFi range extender. Have patience because it takes mere seconds. Once it restarts, plug your range extender to your favorite place like a living room, bedroom, kitchen, etc. Use the extender password to connect your other smart devices with it and access the internet everywhere in the home or workplace.
Amazing Tip: You can also use Linksys range extender IP address for accessing the default login page for Linksys extender.
How to set up Cisco WiFi extender using Ethernet cable
Linksys extenders are also known as Cisco range extenders. In case you fail with the above-mentioned method i.e. wireless, use the wired method to set up the extender. Let’s have a quick glance at Linksys range extender setup instructions.
Before initiating the process, ensure to have the following details along with you:
- Wireless network name or SSID
- Wireless password or security key
- Wireless channel
You can change all these details via wireless network settings for which you have to log in to your Linksys cloud account.
Next, perform Linksys extender reset once to kick-start the setup process.
Once done, continue with the below-given steps:
- Use an Ethernet cable and connect computer and range extender with each other.
- Plug in the extender to an electric outlet and turn it on.
- Double-click on any web browser to open it.
- Head over to the default Linksys range extender login
- A window will pop up asking for a username and password.
- Fill in them as soon as possible. If you find any difficulty while finding the login details, reach out to our experts immediately via a phone call.
- Select the manual radio button.
- Enter the security settings.
Once done, restart your range extender as well as the router. That’s how you can easily set up a brand new Linksys WiFi range extender.