Every engagement ring tells a story. It’s the symbol of your true, endless love and commitment to that special someone. Your engagement ring will remind your loved one of your love for the rest of her life. So try to make your engagement ring as memorable as your own love story.
Every couple is unique. Many prefer an engagement ring that offers a combination of individual elements — diamonds or gemstones, metal, setting, band style. Some wish to add a special touch to make the ring more personalized. Others are looking for a standard white diamond center stone to look traditional.
When purchasing a custom designed engagement ring, you should take into account several important points so to make the right decision. Below you can find what to focus on and how to design your engagement ring.
Before Choosing a Custom Designed Engagement Ring
Here is what you should know about when planning a custom design for your own engagement ring.
- Your ring will be full of inspiration and look more creative. It’ll reflect your individual personality
- It’ll be the embodiment of your interests and values
- No other engagement ring will be quite like yours
- You’ll attract attention by the unique design of your engagement ring
- Wearing matching rings will symbolize you as a couple
- Bespoke engagement rings are more expensive. The amount to be paid depends on how elaborate the design is, how much it differs from more traditional rings and the jeweller you turn to.
- You’ll have to wait longer. On the low end, it may take several months for a well-thought-out design to turn into an engagement ring.
- You’ll have to be more involved in the process of creation of your engagement ring. Several touch-point meetings with your jeweller and a good deal of collaboration on your part.
- The jeweller will also express his/her opinion concerning the final design of your engagement ring.
- There is something unpredictable about a custom designed engagement ring as you can’t touch and feel it until it’s finished.
How to Design Your Engagement Ring
Buying an engagement ring for your loved one is an interesting endeavor. All couples wish to wear an engagement ring that will be a story starter for years to come. Often, they choose bespoke engagement rings to show how their unique relationship and love stems from it.
That’s the reason why handmade engagement rings or custom designed engagement rings are so much popular among those who are looking for something that will be both the right fit and a unique option for a lifetime. Here is how to start.
- Have a Unique Idea and Inspiration
Start with a clear vision of the ring you want. Simply looking for “something unique” doesn’t necessarily guarantee going the custom route. The point is that any engagement ring can be made to look unique.
Choose a design based on a memorable holiday. Add some elements based on your life and love. Whatever you choose Bella Diamond’s designers will help you enjoy a timeless and beautiful engagement ring.
- Turn to a Reputable Jeweller
Now that you have an idea in mind, you should find a jeweller who can create bespoke jewellery pieces. Choose a jeweller you know and trust. If you don’t have one or your jeweller doesn’t create a custom design, maybe he/she has someone in-house who offers custom designs or can refer you to a trusted colleague. You can also turn to referrals from family and friends.
It’s important to work with a jewellry designer whose own style appeals to your design sensibility so to ensure you get a ring you’d love. Consider turning to Bella Diamonds. Jewellers at Bella diamonds offer exceptional diamond jewellery pieces that are among the best in London.
- Take into Account the Cost
You’ll have to pay more for a custom designed engagement ring. However, make sure you pay the right price.
You have an idea about what you want. You have a trusted jewellry designer. Find out whether you can arrange a phone or online consultation with your jeweller. This way you’ll have an immediate connection with your jeweller. This is an easier way to consult with a designer and figure out how the designer or the jeweller might be able to help. Consultation can help you get your project moving in the right direction.
If you already have the custom ring design under way, review a full-colour illustration, a picture made by computer-aided design, or CAD, or see a mock-up in wax of the final product so you can get a better idea and see whether you need to apply some changes. Make sure to see all the elements in person.
- Select a Striking Diamond or Other Stone
A solitaire diamond is a traditional choice for an engagement ring. These diamonds are still popular, but as times change, trends shift. Couples are more and more often looking for something unique so to stand out from the crowd.
Choosing a diamond is a fantastic experience. You should take into consideration the 4Cs – colour, clarity, carat and cut of your diamond and make the right choice that best fits your style and budget. However, you can’t do this without turning to an expert otherwise you could make an expensive mistake.
- Choose the Design
The design process has to do with refining ideas. You may have seen a variety of thumbnail sketches of options or ideas during your consultation, but you should decide on the ultimate version and make sure your final design is 100% perfect.
Bespoke or custom designed jewellery incorporates beauty, longevity, and individuality. If you’re looking for an engagement ring that brings together all these elements into the presentation of your bespoke engagement ring, turn to jewellery manufacturer Bella Diamonds. Order online or design your own engagement ring.
Jewellers at Bella Diamonds will make every single bespoke engagement ring share its passion with you. They’ll get to know you, hear your story and create something that you’ll love for the rest of your life.