DISC is a simple but powerful tool that helps to understand the mysterious human behavior. Personality and behavior are often misunderstood in the workplace and even at home. Therefore, you feel stressed, which impacts your happiness and productivity.
Disc profiles Australia has designed the advanced assessment tool, which can measure conscious behavioral style and subconscious ‘real self’. The DISC theory is based on four personality styles.
Detailed information about four personality styles
- Common characteristics – Self-starter, direct, decisive, risk-taker, problem solver, and high ego strength
- Worth to a team – Innovative, bottom-line organizer, challenges the status quo, and values time
- Potential weaknesses – Dislikes routine, argumentative attitude, and oversteps authority
- Great fear – Being exploited
- Inspired by – New challenges, changing environment, the authority to make decisions, able to take risks, and freedom from mundane tasks
- Common characteristics – Keen, persuasive, trusting, impulsive, emotional, and optimistic
- Worth to a team – Great encourager, negotiates disagreements, motivates others, peacemaker, and positive, creative problem solver
- Potential weaknesses – Focus on popularity rather than results, overuses gestures & facial expressions, not attentive to details, and listens whenever it is convenient
- Great fear – Refusal & rejection
- Inspired by – Praise, popularity, flattery, free from rules & regulations, friendly environment, and people available to deal with the details.
- Common characteristics – Team player, good listener, understanding, friendly, possessive, predictable, and steady
- Worth to a team – Loyal team worker, good listener, compliant towards authority, reliable & dependable, empathetic & patient, and good in resolving conflicts
- Potential weaknesses – Holds a grudge, finds hard to adjust to alterations, resists changes, sensitive to criticism, and find it hard to establish priorities
- Great fear – Feel of insecurity
- Inspired by – No sudden modifications in lifestyle or processes, recognition for reliability, safety &security, and activities from start to finish
- Common characteristics – Accurate, careful, analytical, precise, systematic, conscientious, fact-finder, and high-standard
- Worth to a team – Thorough, conscientious & tempered, define situations, criticizes and offers a clear perspective
- Potential weaknesses – Bound by methods & procedures, requires clear boundaries for relationships or actions, gets bogged in details, surrenders instead of arguing, and prefers not to communicate feelings
- Great fear – Criticism
- Inspired by – high-quality standards, detailed tasks, and limited social interaction
Disc assessment report does not mean you need to visit the doctor but it is a universal, neutral, understandable, behavioral, and practical language. It can be applied in life for self-development!
Application of DISC
Organizations are embracing DISC. They can benefit from enhanced communication, fewer misunderstandings, fewer conflicts, short meetings, more cooperation, effective teamwork, more productivity, and enhanced financial bottom-line. The DISC assessment is useful in different sectors like –
- Business & HR
- Conflict management
- Developing leaders
- Team development
- Training & consultancy
- Job & career training
- Salesforce development
DISC involves a blend of four personality styles associated with human behavior. Understanding a person’s personality blend helps to take proactive steps. The person can be placed in a comfortable environment, where he/she feels empowered. Understanding them better allows predicting their reactions and actions. The approach can be shaped in such a way that the reaction is positive.