There are several different blind types you might use to treat your windows with. Choices depend on your windows, your style, your budget and your needs. Here is a look at two popular blinds, cellular and Roman.
People like Roman blinds because as well as looking good they are also easy to install and you can get them at very affordable prices. They come in a range of materials and styles so you can get something you love. Here are four popular types, Flat, Balloon, Hobbled and Relaxed.
1. Flat Roman blinds – These are also called classic roman blinds as they are the type people first think of. The pleats lie flat when the blind opens and it looks very neat and classic. Suitable for any room in the home.
2. Relaxed Roman blinds – These are more casual in style so you might have them in a living room rather than a formal dining room. When the blind is up the folds round out more and dip in the middle. These are made from a material that is lightweight as wood and vinyl are not flexible enough.
3. Hobbled Roman blinds – When these open they are not completely flat, the slat slants outwards on the lower edge. These are more for decorative reasons than for practical ones.
4. Balloon Roman blinds – The ends of these are scalloped so they billow out. Again these need to be made from lightweight material to work.
A cellular blind is designed so that they have cells that are bound together to make a stronger form. They add some elegance or class to whatever room they are in and the attractive grain style from that cellular makeup is something different to a lot of blind types. The other interesting thing about these blinds is that their construction means they are very good insulators and that can save you money on your energy bills. There are a few different types, three popular ones are blackout, mini and motorised.
1. Mini cellular blinds – When you are living in a small space like an apartment and you have smaller window types you can still enjoy the cellular blind types with mini blinds rather than full-sized ones. These are also great for those small decorative windows some homes have.
2. Motorised cellular blinds – With advances in technology a lot of blinds come with the option of being motorised, and cellular blinds are no exception. This makes it super convenient to lower then and lift them when you want to without having to get up! Just use that handy remote control. Great if your mobility is reduced or if you have hard to reach windows.
3. Cellular blackout blinds – If you need complete darkness in a room you should look for cellular blackout or blockout blinds. These are perfect to keep all the light out so you can have a completely darkened room for your movie nights or a good night’s sleep.