If you are building your own house and keeping a close eye on the specification then this article is going to help you get a little more information about the architecture. We are going to discuss the various stone paving options for your house.
What are the stone pavers?
Stone pavers or paving stones are natural stones that are used to make flat and lasting surfaces, such as patios, floors, walkways, driveways, etc. They come in large sheets of a rectangle or square stones. As these sheets are cut from quarries and not made with the help of molds, they are rarely identical. However, this kind of rough finish and uneven structures add up to the beauty of the pavers.
What are the different types of stone pavers?
- Travertine: one of the most commonly used and popular choice of stones when it comes to pavers, is travertine. It is quite resistant and can be used for both horizontal and vertical surfaces. They showcase an old-world look which contributes much to the aesthetic of your house. They have a porous surface and can easily accumulate dirt.
- Bluestone: if you are going for a sandstone paving supplier in Australia or limestone paving, then bluestone is a good choice for you. This might sound a little confusing, but the fact is, Bluestones come in two varieties, sandstone and limestone. They are durable, low-maintenance and resilient with a great visual appeal. Thus, they are great as paving stones.
- Cobblestone: it is a granite-derived stone and is extremely resilient to damage and erosion. Thus, if your primary criteria for choice are longevity, you must choose this one. This also gives a nostalgic and old-school vibe which increases value to your patio, driveway or any other surface you are building with it.
How are they beneficial?
- Durability: by this time, you must have already guessed that the paving stones have to shoulder really heavy responsibility. By that we mean, your choice of paver must be resilient to damage and erosion as they are mostly placed outdoors and have to carry heavy loads. These stones, as listed above, are worthy in every aspect.
- Design: paving stones come in various shapes and sizes. Their variety cannot be matched by concrete or brick pavers. Thus, if you are looking for some unique designs and sizes, you must go for limestone, granite or sandstone paving. They will give you the opportunity to choose from a wide range of designs.
- Beauty: there is no doubt that natural stones are visually appealing. Stone paving elevates the beauty of your floors with their aesthetic. They are not identical and tend to vary largely from one another. Thus, you can always make your patio or walkway an eye-grabbing one.
These stones are also easily available in all parts of the world. Thus, these three are among the most suitable stones for pavers in terms of beauty, durability, and availability.