There could be certain objectives and aspirations when it comes to taking the right investment decision. However, according to experts in the realty business, there are certain guidelines that every aspiring realty investor should be familiar with. Some of these tips can help them achieve the best returns on their investment and hopefully become the most successful investor in the marketplace.
• Comparing real estate values and rental fees – Monetary statistics would only provide a rough estimate. The best way to evaluate the current property value is to compare the selling price of properties nearby. The process could be the same when it comes to comparing rental fees. A low pried property can often be justified through a reasonable rental fee, as the renters who can afford to pay a high rental fee can afford to lease or buy it instead. Thus, it becomes extremely essential to compare the current market value before investing in real estate.
• Paying attention to changes in tax laws – One should not base their tax investments on current tax laws. As the tax codes keep on changing, it would be beneficial to look for the right property that comes at the right price.
• Specializing in the area of expertise – It would be best to start from a market segment about which one knows the best. Whether the focus is on foreclosures, or fixer-uppers, prebuilt homes, condos, or small apartments, one would surely benefit more from their experience by specializing in a specific segment of realty market.
• Knowing the operating costs – It is very essential to know about operating costs and fiscal reports inside out, or what the mortgage payments, vacancy rates and taxes would be, or how cash flow statements are prepared. These are the key aspects that should be taken into consideration before making a high yielding investment.
• Evaluating tax situations – To make a profitable investment, one should take into consideration the taxes that they need to pay. It could be the most decisive factor in determining whether the investment would provide a positive cash flow or not. By knowing about the tax situation, one can verify whether it could be manipulated to their benefit. It could be a wise choice to consult a tax advisor.
• Scrutinizing utility costs – It is important to enquire about the utility costs, especially if these costs are included in the rental fees.
• Investigating indemnity coverage – If the owner’s indemnity is based on lower than the present value, then the investor’s indemnity coverage would increase if they pay a higher asking price.
• Consulting a chartered accountant – Taxation is a key aspect of making a successful realty investment. One should make sure to seek assistance of a professional chartered accountant having knowledge about continuously changing tax code.
• Inspecting the property before signing the deal – One should make sure to always perform a thorough inspection before leasing or buying a property. It could be quite risky to own or lease a property without having an inspection done at the site. In any case, hiring a professional property examiner to scrutinize the structural condition of the property would help to make sound investment.
Following these simple steps would help real estate investors to reach their goals and generate adequate returns for the amount of effort, time and money put in.
Harji Realtors is one of the leading real estate agents in the region of Chandigarh, Mohali and Kharar. For more information on great deals in Sunny Basant Enclave and the best Plots in Sector 117 check out our website