Be it home décor, floorings or roof top; ceramic tiles have become an integral part of our daily lives. These versatile, durable and stylish pieces of clay are renowned for the astonishing properties like
- Fire retardant
- Tensile strength
- Robust against humidity
- Neutral to thermal shock
- Anti-corrosive to chemicals
But are all ceramic tiles equipped with these immensely important product features? How to understand? Set up a testing program. Compare the numbers generated from the tests with the industry standards and you can be ensured about the production of high grade ceramic at your manufacturing unit.
The ceramic laboratory testing machines can help you out with testing of density, color or appearance of the ceramic tiles, particle sizing, determination of moisture, viscosity tester, drying or firing, thermal testing and strength testing of the tiles.
Let us check out some of the mostly used ceramic laboratory testing equipment in the Indian market-
- Tiles Testing Machines
The ceramic laboratory testing equipment includes devices which can help you gauge the UTM, MOR, shear test and bonding power of the ceramic tiles. Some of the unique features of these machines are
- These come with capacity of 2 tons
- These are applicable on tiles size up to 400 mm*400mm.
- The digital display provides clear results.
- Tiles Flexural Testing Machine
This test checks the bending strength or the capability of ceramic tiles to sustain under high amount of stress. Some of the features of this kind of device include
- Measurement of all standard squared tiles of 200mm*200 mm, 250mm*250mm and 300mm*300mm.
- These are double lever loading systems.
- Can carry 20 kg led shots at a time.
- Abrasion Testing Machine
This kind of ceramic laboratory testing equipment checks the abrasive resistance power of the ceramic tiles. Some of the features of these systems are
- Can calculate abrasive resistance to all tiles sizes, including 280*150*100 mm.
- Come with a motor of reduction gear which can run the drum at 30-33 rpm.
- Suitable for operating on various power supplies, 440 volts, 50 Hz and a 3 phase supply.
- Crazing Tests Autoclave
These machines help you to conduct crazing tests on ceramic sanitary ware. Some primary features of these devices are-
- These come with stainless steel cylinders with a welded and insulated cover.
- These are suitable for operation on 220 volts, 50 Hz and on single phase AC supply.
- These can be installed easily while the simple design ensures quick replacement of the heater.
- MOR Testing Machine
Laboratory testing equipment for ceramic tiles also consist of MOR testing. It refers to tests of ceramic tiles and plates for resistance to thermal shocks and come with features
- 50/500 kgf capacity.
- Suitable for testing green and fired ceramic tiles samples.
- LCD display for clear visibility of results.
- Penetration tester
Ceramic tiles are also supposed to be non-porous and this is what is tested by the penetration testers. These devices can provide an accuracy rate of +/- 1 and have the following features-
- Power consumption of less than 1000 watts.
- Control device which can be used for smallest of selections like 5 seconds, 60 seconds and less than 0.1 time error.
So from simple handheld machinery to laser particle size analyzers, there are numerous ceramic tiles testing tools available in the market. Choose one with the following properties to ensure that your chosen device performs the best but is quite economical.
- Light weight.
- Uses less power.
- Automated controller.
- Requires less maintenance.
- Can be easily installed and removed.
Why wait? Get one ceramic tiles testing machine today to give the best experience to your customers.