Fix “Errors Have Been Detected in The File OST Outlook 2010” Efficiently
Are you facing errors in OST file? Can’t afford damage to OST file? Looking for the effective and reliable approach for the same? Stay calm, you reached the right place. This blog will let you know some of the solutions that will help you whenever errors have been detected in the OST file.
Everybody knows OST file is related to Exchange Server as it stores the mirror image of data stored in the Exchange mailbox. However, it is stored on the local machine, not on the server. So, whenever there is damage or some other type of server break down, it does not affect the OST file. This is the reason OST file is so important for the users. It let users work even in the absence of Exchange Server connection. All modification done in offline mode gets synchronized with Exchange Server mailbox as the connection is established again.
All such points make it clear that how important is OST file to the user. Thus, it becomes a serious problem when errors have been detected in the file OST Outlook 2010 & other versions. Moreover, all such errors lead to major damage in OST file. In order to overcome all such OST file errors, multiple methods are discussed here.
Outlook 2010 Error Has Been Detected in The File OST – Know The Reasons
There can be several possible reasons that might pop-up errors while accessing OST file. And, major ones of them are discussed below:
- It can be because of abrupt or sudden shutdown of Outlook application when synchronization process is going on between Outlook and Exchange.
- There is sudden power shutdown and your machine turned off unexpectedly while synchronizing OST file.
- Another possible reason could be corruption in file system, which give rise to errors in OST file.
- It can be due to some type of malware or virus infection in OST file also.
Methods to Repair OST File When Errors have been Detected in Outlook 2010
Now, to get rid of errors in OST file, you can try multiple methods discussed below to fix it.
Method #1: Using Inbuilt Utility
There are two different inbuilt utilities provided by Microsoft to deal with Outlook data files issues. It all depends on the version of MS Outlook on which you are working. If you are working on Outlook 2007 and below versions, then you can take help scanost.exe tool to Repair OST file Outlook 2010 and above versions. In the case of Outlook 2010 and above versions, scanpst.exe is available to deal with both OST and PST file of Outlook.
Both these applications are basically used to repair all issues in Outlook data files by identifying them first. But it has some flaws also like capable to deal with a minor level of corruption only. In the case of severely corrupted OST file, these inbuilt utilities fail badly.
Method #2: Delete OST file & Renew it
Sometimes a large number of data stored in OST file, including unnecessary data. This might leads to corruption in OST file due to large size. Now, to clean and recreate it, follow the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, find out OST file on your system
- After that, you have to right-click on the folder that contains file and choose Properties option
- A dialog box will appear. You need to Clear Offline Items option
- Now, click on the OK button
- Next, start MS Outlook application on the local machine
- From the Outlook ribbon, click on the Send/Receive Then, click on the Update Folder option
When you are done with cleaning of offline data, simply delete OST file. After that, whenever Outlook is synchronized with Exchange Server again, a new OST will be created automatically again. Then, Exchange mailbox data will get downloaded into the newly created OST file.
No doubt this method is very effective in most of cases but it might results in data loss if you are having corrupt OST file. Apart from this, it is not a guaranteed solution to fix errors detected in OST file of Outlook 2010.
Method #3: Make a new Outlook profile
Another major reason behind errors in OST file is corruption in your default profile. To overcome this type of situation, creating a new Outlook profile will be a smart move. To do the same, follow the steps given below:
- First of all, delete the currently default profile of Outlook
- After that, simply recreate your Outlook profile
- Now, you have to set the newly created profile as a default profile
However, if you are unable to fix the error using any of the methods, switch to a third-party tool. It because a major level of corruption issues in OST file are fixed by professional tool only.
Expert Solution to Resolve Errors Have Been Detected in The File OST Outlook 2010 / 2013 / 2016/2019
Whenever you detect errors in OST file, a one-stop solution is OST Data Recovery tool. It is one of the finest approaches to tackle all small and big issues of OST file. It is capable to deal with even severely corrupted OST file. Apart from all this, it repairs encrypted OST file also and recover permanently deleted items from OST file. A user can repair any Outlook version OST file and on any version of Windows OS.
Steps to repair OST file via OST Recovery tool
- Open OST Recovery software and click on Add File button to add OST file
- Choose either Quick or Advance Scan mode based on the level of corruption.
- Click on Add button and scanning process will begin immediately
- After that, click on Export button and choose PST file as an Export Type
- Choose destination location and click on Export button
Time to Conclude
It has now become common that errors have been detected in file OST of Outlook 2010 and other versions. Thus, to deal with such type of issues in OST file, a user must need to aware of some workarounds. Keeping this requirement of users in mind, several methods are discussed above. A user can take help of them and get rid of the OST file error.