In recent time the term demolition is prevalent in the building construction industry. In the process of demolition a structure or a building is dismantled under planned and controlled methods. The process is done in a way so that the debris or leftovers can preserve for reuse. The methods of demolition can be a dreadful explosion or a piece-by-piece dismantling. However, in the process, the safety of the crew, neighboring building and the safety of the public are ensured.
Depending on the structure, it takes several days for the demolishing process. A small house will take relatively less time in comparison to big buildings or apartments. Demolition of statues has also become very common in order to reuse the material and restore the project.
The Different Types of Demolition Techniques
Contractors always stress on the factor that a property must only be demolished if other factors are secure. If a property is in a perfect god condition and needs to be deplored, then there is no point in complete demolition that will cost a lot. The price and budget of this procedure depend completely on the scale of the entire project. If more materials such as machines and labor need to be used, then the price will be more expensive.
Experts suggest that, for a house, there are two types of Demolishing Techniques:
- One is the simple method known as ‘simple manual demolition’ which is perfect for small buildings and houses. The second technique is a newly developed method known as deconstruction. The former procedure requires a mechanical method to demolish a house or building and the latter process is called ‘green demolition’.
- In the second method, contractors try to preserve or save materials and resources as much as possible for further utilization. The term green states a more harmonious method that points at optimum utilization.
Important Things to Remember Before Demolition
There are several things that need to be considered before demolishing a property.
- Choosing the right contractors: After deciding and agreeing to the project it is very important to choose the right contraction companies and contractors. People who have a good work history and recommendations in the field must be hired. When it comes to demolition, it is best to hire contractors who have enough experience in this field.
- Price Negotiation: Negotiating the amount with the contractor is a very important step. Some contraction companies provide good discounts on the project if they are also being approached for the remodeling purpose. Since they are getting more work at the same place, they are always ready to negotiate the price.
- Selling the debris: The debris that will be left after the process is complete might have a buyback price. If they are in good condition and are good material then there are people who will purchase them at a good rate. Especially materials that are built from iron and steel have a very good reselling price and can be a good source to get some money that will aid the budget.
- Waste management: The debris and waste that will be accumulated after the project needs to be taken care of so the neighbors do not have to face any kind of trouble. A large truck with waste containers needs to be hired before the demolition process begins. Price is always negotiable. Sometimes, contractors also provide waste arranging containers.
The municipal or local plan needs to be followed while demolishing the house. Everything should be done legally and hence it is very important to take advice from experts or acquaintances that have previously done it. Possibilities of renovation always signal at declining the thought of demolishing a house or property. It is a practical thought process that needs to be given some radical thought.