Auto dent repair is a procedure of removing the vehicle dents that occur due to collisions. This can be conducted on all vehicles like the trailer trucks, vans, compact cars and sport utility vehicles (SUV). The time that is required for the entire process depends on the overall size and location of the dents and also the expertise and skill level of the technician. This also depends on the extent of damage that has been caused to the vehicle.
Broadly, there are two major types of auto dent repair. They are painting restoration repair & paintless dent repair. The paint restoration is a perfect fit for the large dents and this technique involves a lot of processes like pulling out the dents, pounding, chiselling, grinding and sanding. The expert mechanics make the right use of the common tools like dent hammers, pullers, fender picks, drills and rivets depending on their nature of work.
In case the dent is too large or cannot be repaired under any circumstances, the whole section or panel of the vehicle is removed. The entire panel of the vehicle is removed and a new portion will be attached to it with the help of welding. Once the entire process is done, the repair area will be primed so that it can be painted again.
Paintless auto dent repair is commonly used for the minor or smaller dents. Here the dents are removed with the help of certain specialized tools and this is being initiated from the outer edges. The paint of a car that it has from the start will have remained as it is and the cost of this process is very less when compared to the paint restoration.
There are so many garages that offer these dent repair services and you can get in touch with any of them without any hassle. The reputable repair shops offer guaranteed quality workmanship at very reasonable prices. Some of the workshops would agree to give you back your vehicle after the completion of the dent repair on the same day.
Dent Repair for Minor Dents
It is important for you to go with an auto body paintless dent repair so that any minor dents present in the vehicle body can be repaired quickly and you don’t have to burn a hole in your pocket. It is common for everyone to get a dent or two on their cars irrespective of how careful they are. It is inevitable and the best way to get rid of small dents on your car is with the help of paintless dent. Shopping trolleys, car parks etc. can come from anywhere and that is the reason why it is good to know about the kind of valuable mobile car dent repair service.
The advantages of the auto body dent repair are as follows:
- Dents are being repaired without completely removing the factory paint on your car. This way you don’t have to use any paint or filler during the repair process.
- There are no worries about paint matching or peeling in six months’ time as with somebody shop repairs.
- These repairs take very less time when compared to paint restoration and your vehicle will be in the garage for an hour or two at most.
- If you are unable to go to the garage, you can ask the mechanic to come to your house or workplace depending upon your convenience. As there is no need for heavy equipment, consultation at home is not a big hassle.
- Free Estimates with no obligation which makes it a great choice.
- If you took a car on lease or rent and caused some dents to it, then PDR can be your go-to option. You just cannot take the dented car to the company as they will charge you a heavy amount. This way you will get to save some money.
An auto dent repair is a great option for vehicle owners as this is a convenient and cost-effective way out to treat your dents.