With the decorative cushions, you can give comfort and personality to your spaces, that’s why it plays with your creativity and combines designs, fabrics, textures and colors that make them stand out in your home.
The decorative cushions give life to the sofas in your house, so it is important to know how to style cushions properly and achieve harmony between the furniture and the decoration of a certain environment.
For you to choose the ideal cushions for your home, keep in mind these 5 Tips:
- Choose different sizes to give volume and movement to your room, thus avoiding flat sensations.
- It is recommended to put the color focus on the cushions and choose a neutral tone for the sofa, in order to make contrasts.
- If the sofa or chair in your living room has a tapestry with prints or figures, use whole colored cushions so as not to saturate, also keep this in mind if you have many decorations, so you will not detract from their prominence.
- An easy way to renew your cushions is to choose designs with two different fabrics, one on each side, just turn it around and enjoy another style.
- You can also use original designs with the patchwork technique that consists of combining fabrics of different types (velvet, cretonne, linen, etc.), colors, and sizes on the covers.
Before you make the final decision for choosing your cushions, check out these important tips:
You can give color to your space using cushions if the base of the environment is neutral (in that case choose 3 or 4 colors and put the focus on them) or if the space is already colorful, you can choose between one of those colors already used and focus attention on prints and textures.
Regarding this factor, anything goes, do not be afraid to mix stripes with flowers, stripes with plain, flowers with plain, geometric with flowers, and other combinations. But always keep in mind that there has to be a symphony with the decoration of the environment as a whole.
Sizes and shapes
It is important to define what type of environment you are going to decorate, as opting for cushions of the same format and size but that will leave the environment a little more formal, or you can also mix, for example, square with round or rectangular cushions or with the same shape but in different sizes, so the atmosphere will be more homely and informal.
Times of the year
You can use light and brightly colored fabrics in the hot season and in winter thicker and darker colors.
You’re ready! Start decorating your spaces with cute cushions and most importantly, add a touch of your own style to your home.