The structure of a vehicle consists of numerous components that are responsible for running it without facing any difficulty. All small and big components of a car have their own working function so their maintenance is essential. Just like the hospital is for humans, the automotive service station is meant for vehicle repair. The technicians at a service station have experience in tackling all problems that you are facing with your vehicle. There are some duties of experts that ensure the customer gets complete satisfaction after service. Below is a list that will help you to understand it in better way:-
Duties of a Technical Mechanic
- Perform various maintenance services including engine tuning, wheel balancing, oil change and filter replacement. They perform all these tasks with the help of professional testing tools.
- Listen to the complaints of the vehicle owner and perform different tasks to meet them. This includes repairing the malfunctioning of the electrical system and engine failure. They repair all damages by replacing new components and spare parts.
- Perform several test drives to check the proper functioning of all controls so that customer does not complaint about any defect after service completion.
- Meet all the requirements in vehicle that are essential for passing the safety standards set by government authorities. This includes engine testing and smoke emission by fuel combustion.
- Maintain the makeover of a vehicle by proper washing and painting on scratches and faded areas.
- Enhance the knowledge regarding new technology in vehicles by participating in training sessions.
From above points of duties, it is clear that most of the work in an auto care service station is done by mechanics. Engine and other components of a vehicle are really complicated to understand and it needs expert knowledge to make repairs. To improve the performance of your car in Melbourne, MACS Auto & Panel is one of the best service stations which are also certified for issuing roadworthy certificates.