Are you looking for a new and exciting recipe that you can make with any kind of middle-eastern bread? Well, you certainly have a lot of options for both vegetarians as well as non-vegetarian dishes. But the best option for gorging on any kind of middle-eastern bread would be meat. You cannot enjoy this kind of bread without gorging on meat. So, you should definitely look for a meat-oriented recipe.
One of the most popular options for the middle-eastern bread is the Souvlaki pita bread Melbourne. So, if you want to prepare a tasty and tummy-filling meal, then you can cook something for this kind of middle-eastern bread. Here, we have put together a great recipe for you with lamb and the Souvlaki pitas. Take a look.
- 1 Kg lamb shoulder or leg
- 2 chopped red onions
- 1/2 tsp smoked sweet paprika
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- 1 tsp dried Greek oregano
- 1 tsp dried or freshly chopped thyme
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 80ml olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper
The tzatziki sauce
- 500g of strained yogurt
- 1-2 tbsps of red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 cucumber
- a pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
You will also need olive oil, 1teaspoon dried oregano and 10 pita bread with a little bit of salt for serving.
1. First, you need to cut the meat into 3m chunks and keep it aside. Then, start preparing the marinade for the lamb souvlaki.
2. Add the garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, the spices, and herbs in a big bowl and season it with the ground pepper without adding salt. Whisk everything together. Now add the meat, chopped onions and blend them for coating. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap, let it chill and marinate for a minimum of 4 hours. It is better if you leave for the whole night in order to soak up all the delicious flavors.
3. While this getting done, you should prepare the tzatziki sauce for the souvlaki lamb. In a blender, add grated garlic and olive oil and let it blend and combine/ Now remove the skin and the cucumber seeds and allow it to grate into a big bowl. Now season it with salt and pepper and let it rest for 10 minutes. In a towel, wrap the grated cucumber and squeeze it to remove the excess water. Now add the blended garlic, oil, yoghurt, and the cucumber along with the red wine vinegar, a pinch of salt and mix well. Store the sauce in the fridge to serve it cold.
4. Now lift the chunks of the lamb out of the marinade and thread these pieces on the skewers. You will need about 10 metal skewers for this. At this point, you should season the lamb souvlaki with salt.
5. Heat the grill or barbecue and allow the lamb to cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until cooked as desired.
6. While the souvlaki is cooking, prepare the pitas. So, the oven needs to be preheated at 250c. Lightly brush the oil on the bread on both sides and season it with the oregano and salt. Now place the pita on the tray and bake for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Enjoy it with the tzatziki sauce and a Greek feta salad for a completely delicious meal.
So, hurry up and grab the pita bread from the top bread manufacturers in Australia.
Author Bio: Samuel Brown, a regular blogger with many recipes on Souvlaki pita bread Melbourne, here writes on the Souvlaki lamb with pita bread recipe. He suggests getting the pitas from one of the best bread manufacturers.