A water feature indeed plays a crucial part when it comes to garden landscaping because it will help in giving your yard an extra something special. There cannot be anything more relaxing than the water flow around the garden and most of these are really beautiful to look at. On the one hand a waterfall will add charm and on the other a bird bath will work wonders in helping your garden to flourish. The truth is, any great garden should have at least one or two water features. One key reason why water features in Tasmania, Perth and Adelaide is widely used is because it does not waste water. The water is recycled.
A Brief on the Different Types of Water Features
Water features can either be an elaborate thing such as a waterfall or something simple like a pool. With a plethora of choices to pick from, you will surely find something that will suit your needs and budget.The different types of water features in Perth, Tasmania and Adelaide are as follows,
- Ponds- Ponds come in 4 basic forms- ornamental pools, reflecting pools, fish ponds and water gardens with each varying in depth, size and shape.
- Reflecting Pool- These are decorative features which you can place in the yard like a central feature. They often come in geometric, formal shapes having walking surfaces which overhang their edges throughout. If you wish to enjoy the artistic beauty place them adjacent any decorative landscape feature which is reflected vividly in the water’s glassy surface.
- Ornamental Pools- Generally, these are placed near a patio or deck. It is made on an ornamental piece such as a spouting statue, a bell fountain or a fountain that is vertically cascading.
- Water Gardens- These are beautiful living water features having aquatic plant life which is full of lovely textures and vibrant colors. Plants placed both outside and inside the pond’s perimeter will help in creating a natural, lush setting.
- Fish Ponds- You can add this to any form of water feature provided a specific life sustaining criterion is met. Koi and goldfish are a favorite as they will help in adding a dash of color.
- Fountains- Today fountains in Tasmania are available in an array of sizes and shapes which you can add to the water feature. In fact the splashing and tumbling of the water sound together with the refreshing mist that the breeze carries will be truly invigorating.
- Waterfalls- Waterfalls like fountains will add vitality, motion and sound to the water feature. Generally made of boulders or natural stone slabs, a waterfall will help in bringing a vertical dimension. A waterfall will help in capturing the interest away from the distance as they flow and dance.
- Streams-It is ideal for walking along paths, pool decks or walkways. A stream will serve as a natural filter and has been designed for flowing into waterfalls or cascade into ponds for sustaining the water feature’s ecosystem.
These are some of the water features in Adelaide, Perth and Tasmania. So which will be your pick?
About the Author– Having good knowledge in this domain Racheal Bennet has come up with this article that highlights on the different types of water features used in Tasmania, Perth and Adelaide and what has made fountains in Tasmania so popular.