Brother printers offer the world highly advanced printing solutions to meet the particular requirements of the home and business users. Available in a variety of models, Brother printers are appreciated for their superior performance, print quality, low maintenance, and easy handling. Also, you can connect them easily with your desktop, laptop or even a mobile phone.
Brother printers drivers that are required to connect it to the computer systems can be downloaded merely by following a series of instructions. But if you are installing these drivers from a CD-ROM and finding it difficult to print then here is the fix:
(Please note that this article provides troubleshooting steps to fix the printing issue with your Brother printer connected to Mac OS X 10.5 or higher versions. If you are using some other operating system and facing the same issue on it then it is recommended to contact the Brother printer customer service number to get an immediate support from an expert.)
- Simply reinstall the already downloaded and installed drivers and re-install the same by following these instructions:
- Open Apple Menu and then System Preferences (Before you do this, make sure no USB cable is connected to your Brother printer)
- Now, click Print and Fax, Print and Scan or Printers and Scanners
- Delete the driver and then close the window
- Visit the official site of the Brother printer and then under support and download section, enter your Brother printer model number
- Click to find drivers
- From the search results, click Download in front of the drivers of your particular model number
During the entire process of un-installation or re-installation of your printer’s drivers, if an error occurs then contact the Brother printer support team and receive an instant solution.