The quality of a spring mattress depends on the type of springs used, and the number of springs/m2 within the mattress. If the mattress is divided into zones, it also makes the spring mattress extra comfortable to sleep on.
Spring mattresses spring right back
A good spring mattress supports the body perfectly all night. A spring mattress fits a standard bedframe or an adjustable bed as opposed to a box mattress. The spring mattress can also be turned, extending its life over a box mattress. You can take a look at online sleep brands for more details.
Pocket springs or multi-pocket in a spring mattress?
The springs in the spring mattress
- Old-fashioned spring mattresses, where the springs are made of a long piece of metal, have been used for over 100 years. These kinds of springs are called Bonnell springs, and are the cheapest way to make spring mattresses. However, you can often notice when your bed partner moves as the movement is transmitted through the springs. This can be avoided with pocket springs and multi-pocket springs, as they are separate springs and not intertwined.
- Pocket springs are more expensive to manufacture as each spring is sewn into its own bag. This allows you to divide the mattress into different zones so that the mattress can support your body optimally. It is important that the spine is straight when lying on your side, and this is easier to achieve with a mattress divided into different zones. For optimum comfort and support, when lying on your back there should be no gap between your pelvis and the mattress – it should be flush with the material. If you choose a mattress with pocket springs, the number of springs is approximately 250/m2.
- You can get a very good spring mattress, spring classic, with pocket springs for approximately 2,200 kr. This includes the delivery of sizes 90 x 200cm.
- Multi-pocket springs have a greater number of springs, at roughly 500 springs/m2. A higher concentration of springs means that there is extra support at several points in the mattress. These kinds of spring mattresses are the most expensive. A multi-pocket spring mattress is very suitable for heavier built people.
- A good multi-pocket spring mattress, ‘Jump Dreams’, can cost approximately 3,700 kr. This Includesdelivery for a mattress measuring 90 x 200cm.
- A spring mattress is not really suitable for children as they are too light to properly weight down the springs and therefore it cannot give them quality support while they sleep.
Many zones provide optimal support for the body
Spring mattresses that have multiple zones in the mattress support the body even better than other spring mattresses. Soft areas are made for the shoulders and hips, and a firmer zone at the lower back.
Many spring mattresses have 5-7 zones, and will often feel very comfortable to lie on.
A good spring mattress, ‘Spring Comfort’, with 7 zones costs approximately 2,700 kr. This includes delivery of a size 90 x 200cm mattress.
Latex padding supports better than fiber padding
Many spring mattresses have fibrous padding around the springs to avoid lying directly on them. However, this fiber padding is not particularly supportive, so for optimum comfort you can choose springs covered with latex padding instead. Latex has many advantages over the normal fiber padding, such as it conforms to the body and helps to support the entire body. In addition, it’s a good choice if you suffer from allergies.
- Bed or a continental bed
- Spring mattress – continental bed
- A continental bed with a spring mattress
A spring mattress can be used in a bed frame if you want good and sturdy furniture. There are many beautiful frames, and an unusual bedframe can give your home a lot of personality.
Another exciting solution is to create a continental bed out of a box mattress with legs and a spring mattress above. The two layers of mattresses with springs create a very comfortable bed. A continental bed also has a more minimalist appearance, as it has no bed frame – this simple look appeals to many.
Another advantage of a continental bed is that you sleep higher up and can therefore get out of bed more easily. Spring mattresses are also used in elevation beds, which you can read more about in this article.
How to choose the right spring mattress
A good mattress is important for your sleep so you sleep as well as possible and are well-rested in the morning. Think about it, you’ll be sleeping on it for approximately 8 hours every night, for the next 10-20 years, it’s worth buying the best quality that you can afford.
Your night’s sleep is one of the most important things you can maintain as a human being. If you sleep badly it will impact your work or studies. A new and comfortable mattress may be the solution to any sleep problems, as the correct mattress for you and your bed can work wonders.
Choosing a mattress for your bed – The most common criteria
If your current mattress is hard and uncomfortable, it’s time to find a new mattress! To choose the right one for you, let’s look at the most common comfort criteria:
Firmness – Firmness is one of the most important keywords when it comes to mattresses. There are many different degrees of firmness, so first you need to identify the level that suits you and your body weight. There are mattresses that can handle body weight up to 175-200kg. You should ask your dealer for advice if you are having trouble finding the right level of firmness to provide proper support.
Foam type – There are a lot of different types of foam available for mattresses, but polyether and cold foam are some of the most popular types of foam. Many different types of foam have been made for the simple reason that humans are different, with different preferences and needs. You should test out the most common types of foam so you can get an idea of which foam type gives your body the best support.
Price – If you are looking to buy a new mattress for your bed, you are of course interested in knowing what the final price will be. The price of a mattress depends, among other things, on its length, width, thickness, foam type, and fabric type. In addition, there are some brands that are more expensive than others, just like in other industries. If you have a fixed budget, you should of course try to stick to it.
Tailored mattresses – Large demand for mattresses by measure
If you cannot find a specific mattress that caters to all your requirements and wishes, you could have a mattress tailor made for you instead. If this idea sounds attractive, you can contact a professional tailor who can introduce you to your options. There is an increasing demand for mattresses by measure, which is why more and more tailors have chosen to specialize in this discipline. Today you have the opportunity to order a tailored mattress online, where you can indicate all your wishes regarding functionality and materials.
If you list your preferences, the system will calculate a price estimate. From here you can decide whether you want to make use of the offer or whether you want to look for alternatives. Mattresses by measure are made not only for beds, but also for much other furniture. You can also order mattresses for benches, sofas, outdoor furniture and briquettes if you wish.