McAfee antivirus undeniably protects your computer and other devices from open risks of virus transfer, online and cyber risk. However, at times there are cases with the software when users encounter McAfee errors and that lead to security threats. If your McAfee senses a problem and displays a message of ‘At risk’, it is possible that the protection status low and you will need to give a thorough check to the McAfee subscription you have. As your McAfee subscriptions date goes out of validity, it might not provide you required real-time protections or firewall security.
The security software pops different alert messages on your screen such as:
At risk – Verify Update (Check for your McAfee subscription expiry date)
At risk – Turn on Real-time scanning (Older version of McAfee product shows Real-Time Scanning: Off message)
At Risk – Turn on Firewall protection (Older McAfee version shows Firewall is turned off)
At Risk – without any message showing the cause of the problem
If you see any of the McAfee error messages, the first action you need to take is to log in to your McAfee account and check for the subscriptions date. If the subscription is going to expire or has expired, make sure you renew it and activate McAfee product. The problem of real-time protection arises when you turn off the firewall security or in case it automatically gets off. If such problem occurs, refer to the instructions below to resolve the error.
How to Fix McAfee Error: “McAfee Firewall Protection Keep Turning Off”?
- Launch your McAfee product on your window/ screen
- Go to the navigation section or click on the ‘screw head’ icon available at the top right corner of the dialogue
- Select Firewall and click Turn On
- Go back to the main product window
- Ensure that the McAfee Firewall protection is on
The error is fixed if it is turned on and is not getting off automatically. In another case, when you see the firewall is still not on or got off, follow another procedure to fix it. Executing the second method is activating McAfee virtual technician, which is an automated tool that will diagnose and fix McAfee related error.
- Click on the windows icon on the taskbar, go to control panel > Troubleshoot and Repair page
- Select and click Download and Run
- Save the mvt.exe file at any temporary location such as desktop
- Open the file location and click on the file and Run to start MVT
- Select Yes to continue the process if your device asks for permission to give access to install the MVT. Allow access and run MVT
- Wait till the installation and update is undergoing as it might take several minutes and once done, continue to follow next step
- Let the MVT scan your PC for error detection and update
- If any problem is detected, select any of the options:
- Click Autofix and implement the instruction to allow MVT to fix the error.
- In case MVT fails to resolve the problem, connect to McAfee.com/Activate.
The McAfee error is now fixed and you can run McAfee firewall protection to secure your device from any online threats and risks.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://pcgeekslive.blogspot.com/2018/03/fix-mcafee-firewall-keep-turning-off.html