Microsoft is an American multi-national company and is one of the most reliable company all over the globe. It is also known for its manufacturing, developing and updating- software, hardware, and computer. Microsoft Outlook is the personal information manager of Microsoft. And Outlook is one of the first webmail services and was first launched as Hotmail. Some of the usages of Outlook are – mail, calendar, task manager, journal, and many more.
Although, MS-Outlook works efficiently with zero negative errors. But sometimes the user may face certain errors quite alternatively. Some of the common errors are -PST file corruption, relocation of the PST file, Outlook profile corruption, etc. Among them, the most common error is Outlook error 0x8004010F.
The error 0x8004010F usually occurs in Outlook version of 2010 and 2013, due to Outlook profile corruption, which prohibits the application from sending or receiving emails. Whenever the user tries to send or receive an email from Outlook. The Outlook will give the following error-
0x8004010F: Outlook Data file can’t be accessed or The Operation failed. An object couldn’t be found.
The solution to such Outlook error issues is to identify the location of the default Outlook data file (PST) and to make a default profile, create a new user profile. Below provided are the steps to fix Outlook error are as follows –
Step 1- Locate the Outlook Data File (PST)
- Open the Outlook Application from the Start Button.Click on File option from the Account Settings.
- Click on the Data Files tab and take a note of the name and location of the default Outlook data file. And then click on the Close button.
Step 2- Create a New Account in Outlook.
- Creating a new Outlook Profile using IMAP/POP3 account. The Account setup can be done both manually as well as Auto. Below provided are steps are for both auto as well as manual, account setup.
Using the Auto Account Setup :
- Open Control Panel. Then click on the Mail option. Clicking on it will open Mail setup- Outlook Window.
- In the Mail Setup – Outlook window, click on the Show Profiles button.
- On the Mail dialog box, Click on the Add button.
- Put a New Profile Name in the New Profile Window. After that Click on the Ok button.
- Now put the user credentials in the Add Account window and click on the Next option. The new account is created.
- sing the Manual Account Setup :
- Open Add Account, select the Manual setup or additional server types option. Then click on the option Next.
- In Choose Service, select POP or IMAP to connect to a POP or IMAP account and click on the Next option.
- Put the account details in POP and IMAP Account Settings. Select Existing Outlook Data File, under Deliver messages. Then click on Browse and select the Outlook data file of the previous account. Click on the Ok button and then on Next button.
- On Test account Settings, Click on the Close option and then Finish.
Step 3- Make the New Outlook profile as default.
- Open on the Control Panel and click on Mail option.
- In the Mail Setup-Outlook, click on Show Profiles.
- On the Mail window, select create a new profile and then click on the button Properties.
- In the Mail Setup windows, Click on the option Email Accounts.
- Open the Account Settings window, select Data File from the options. Then click on Set as the default option, followed by the Close button.
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles on Outlook, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://pcgeekslive.blogspot.com/2018/03/fix-outlook-receive-or-send-error.html