Samsung has announced a new smartphone under the name Galaxy J5 Pro, this smartphone is equipped with an Exynos 7870 processor which is an octa-core clocked at 1.6 GHz and it has a 5.2-inch HD screen.
This is an improved version of the Galaxy J5 (2017), this one has a memory of 32 GB and 3 GB of RAM unlike the J5 (2017) which has 16 GB of storage and 2 GB of RAM.Good news for a new year now you can buy Samsung Galaxy J5 Pro on installments online on any website.
Here is the complete spec sheet of the Galaxy J5 Pro and its price:
- Dimensions : 146.2 x 71.3 x 7.9 mm
- Weight: 160 grams
- Screen : 5.2 inches Super Amoled, HD 720P, Curved 2.5 D, 282 ppi
- Camera : 13 megapixels, aperture f / 2.2 flash led, and movie in Full HD
- Front camera (selfie) : 12 megapixel with Flash movie in Full HD
- Storage : 32 GB expandable by SD card up to 256 GB
- Connectivity : 3G / 4g Lite , Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a / b / g / n, FM Radio, NFC
- Duel Sim : yes
- Processor : Exynos 7870 (Octa-core 1.6 GHz Cortex-A53)
- Graphics chip (GPU) : Mali-T830MP2
- RAM : 3 GB
- Android system : 7.1 Nougat
- Fingerprint scanner : yes, in front of the Home button
- Battery : 3000 mAh not removable
- Colors : Gold, Pink, Blue, Black
The Samsung Galaxy J5 is a mobile with full connectivity.
Admittedly, there is even more exhaustive (it lacks the infrared), but we still have what it takes.
Thus, it is a 4G mobile, naturally equipped with all the frequencies necessary for use in France.
And to this is also added a 2G / 3G with “good” frequencies.
For calls and SMS, this phone is a quad-band, you can use it around the globe.
As long as you are close to an antenna all the same …
And as on all modern smartphones, we find: WiFi (b / g / n, hotspot), bluetooth (4.1), aGPS / GLONASS / Beidou, NFC (with NFC-payment function), a micro USB port (2.0), a micro SD slot (up to 128GB of memory), a sim card slot (“micro” format), an FM radio, and more.
Note also that the hooks were good during the test.
Whether in GSM, web mobile, WiFi or GPS.
Finally, note that this mobile also exists in “dual-sim” version.
But unfortunately, it does not seem available on the European market.
- SAR (Specific Absorption Rate): 0.612w / kg. This is an average score for a smartphone marketed in 2015.
5. Operating system: Android TouchWiz sauce
Just like the design (bodywork), the overcoat so recognizable makes that one identifies immediately, at first glance, a Samsung Galaxy.
So we have here a known operating system (Android) in its latest version to date (5.1.1 “Lollipop”).
A system on which Samsung to add its overlay home: TouchWiz.
But a light TouchWiz and review in 2015, which is far from the riot of special effects that could be found in previous versions.
Here, we get a concentrated ergonomics and design focused on efficiency.
So, yes, of course, there is wallpaper and specific icons.
As well as features, and applications, but nothing that affects the performance of the smartphone.
In the register of the particularities available here, one will notably note:
– a space of storage (“One Drive”) in line, offered, of 100Go maximum (which moreover tends to remember you, as long as you do not have activity), that he is here, that he is waiting for you …)
– the application “Video” of Samsung, which unfortunately does not know many formats/codecs (better to use VLC)
– a sort of Google Calendar reviewed, named ” S Planer ”
– a space similar to the PlayStore, with suggestions of applications by Samsung
– Smart Manager, which will allow you to know, in a few icons, the available storage capacity,% of battery, available RAM, etc.
– Microsoft applications (si, si!) including “One Drive” storage, but also “One Note” and “Skype”
– Jump, an application in partnership with Coyote (free for 1 year)
- Operating System: Android 5.1 “Lollipop” | Overlay: TouchWiz.
6. Usage: Overall Satisfactory
Like any self-respecting smartphone, this J5 is able to serve as mp3 player/video, email manager, ebook reader, etc.
A smartphone that can also perfectly play 2D / 3D games.
But the differences of this mobile with other competing models include the photo quality.
Thus, the back sensor 13MP, if it has a good autofocus, and if it takes pictures of generally good quality, tend to get lost when it is too much or not enough light.
And the front sensor, simple 5MP, is effective and offers selfies of a good level (proportionately, because it remains a sensor for selfies and nothing else).
Autonomy is when it is rather satisfactory.
Probably thanks to components that do not consume too much energy, and a Super AMOLED screen, which also reduces the energy consumption of the mobile.
So we have a slightly better autonomy than we are used to seeing … without allowing to hope to reach the 2 days before recharging.
- Backup camera: 13MP with autofocus and LED flash. See a sample photo.
- Front camera: 5MP with LED flash. See a sample photo.
- Battery: 2.600 mAh Extractable (Model EB-BG531BBE). 1 hour of video will consume 18-22% of energy.
In conclusion: quite satisfactory
The Samsung Galaxy J5 is a good mobile, attaching its design and its specifications.
While we are far from being in the presence of a lightning war, and yet, all the big 3D games work without any problem, without any slowdown.
Added to this is the beautiful image quality offered by the Super AMOLED 720p display.
A technology specific to Samsung (which builds its screens) and which provides a contrasting image.
Connectivity and complete and quite good
So here we have a mobile ultra-connected, with good grip, and a reasonable DAS.
Photosensors are doing their job well, even if we regret the average management of brightness (probably a problem more software than hardware).
As for the autonomy, it is quite correct, and you can (except heavy use) exceed the 1 day before recharging.
It is, therefore, a mobile that we recommend, as soon as you buy it at 200 € and less (ndrl: watch the good deals ).
This makes it even more interesting against its direct competitor, the Motorola Moto G 3rd generation.
- Plus: Super AMOLED screen, connectivity, design, sufficient performance (but modest).
- The least: the introductory price (but which did not remain long in force), modest performances (but sufficient)