Smart speakers are undoubtedly one of the flagship technology products of this era. Echo starting his journey from US in 2014 have came far across the Globe. Not surprisingly, the range that has landed in throughout neighboring countries, is now the third generation of Amazon Echo products, composed of the model Echo standard, for the Echo Plus of greater dimensions, the Echo Spot with screen, the subwoofer Echo Sub and the smallest model of the range- Echo Dot.
Echo Dot is designed for rooms and rooms of small and medium size, and is the equivalent of Google Home Mini in the Amazon Echo range. Its power and sound quality are more than enough for a room of this size, and also, through the Drop In function, it is possible to use several Echo devices in the same home network communicated via WiFi.
This speaker has compact design, simple and discreet, and has only four buttons, two volume, one to silence it and one that activates commands. It also has a ring of light located at the top that shows blue when it detects a voice command, which in this case should start with the name of the digital assistant Alexa. For example, ‘Alexa, turn on the lights’ or ‘Alexa, how’s the traffic in Brooklyn?’.
ALEXA- The Brain Of the Echo Gadget
The operation of the Echo speakers has at its core the intelligent assistant Alexa from Alexa.Amazon.com, which processes the voice commands. Alexa facilitates routine tasks, and is especially indicated when providing basic information, such as time, weather forecast and public domain data such as the number of inhabitants of a city.
Amazon’s voice assistant is spiced up with curious responses to certain commands. For example, if you say ‘Alexa, wow, wow’, it responds with a dog bark. However, Alexa suffers at the moment of lack of deep knowledge, for example, in the case of local information on small towns or bus lines.
Alexa handles a limited amount of information about the user and their tastes, which is limited to your video or music (Amazon Prime Video or Music) or account information own services. Further customization would be appreciated aspect but, for the moment, is absent, failing to have both the technological base and user information necessary for it.
Alexa Ring Significance
What does Alexa want to tell us? Your state, according to the color of your ring. Alexa not only communicates by voice, but also by her led ring. Let’s find out how to figure out – that what the device wants to tell us.
All Amazon Echo have a circle of led colors, which serve to understand what Alexa is doing at that moment. This is for the Amazon echo help for the Alexa users.. Even the Echo Spot, which has it around its screen.
- Every time Alexa turns on her circle, it is because she performs a certain action. Find out what that action is.
- Lights off. Alexa is waiting for our orders. It is the usual state.
- Fixed blue light, with lights moving in motion. The device is turning on. The larger the circle, the closer it is to begin.
- Blue light fixed with light cyan pointing to one direction. The direction to which that light points, is from where it receives orders. Alexa, at that moment, is listening to an order.
- Blue light fixed and alternating. It happens when Alexa is answering us.
- Orange light spinning counterclockwise. Alexa is connecting to the Wi-Fi network during the download Alexa app setup.
- Fixed red light. The Alexa microphones are deactivated. This means that he does not listen to us. You can activate them by pressing the microphone button.
- Yellow light throughout the circle blinking. You have a pending notification, or an unread message. You can ask him to tell you what messages or notifications you have to remove this state.
- Green light throughout the circle blinking. You are receiving a call or Drop In. You can answer the call or reject it.
- Green light giving turns against the hands of the clock: You are talking through a call or Drop In.
- White light: Occurs when you adjust the volume of the device. The less light you have, the less volume you have.
- Violet light in the whole circle blinking fast. Alexa could not connect to the Wi-Fi network.
- Flash of purple light after interacting with Alexa. The do not disturb function is active.
As you can see, Alexa, in addition to communicating with us through the voice, also gives us interesting messages depending on the color of your ring, which can clear up doubts or solve problems.