It is definitely a wonder how a small device like a cellular phone can do so much. From a device that are used to communicating, cell phones evolved into a must-sought device in the tech market. Not only that, the device branches out and give birth to a new breed of phones – the smartphone.
Smartphone take the market by storm and ensnare with its lovely features. Nowadays, you can see people holding their phones and using it not only to communicate, but also to do a list of things like browsing the Internet, updating your social media accounts, capturing moments, etc. It became a must-have of every person.
Since it is use frequently, your smartphone should be able to handle your lifestyle. But not all devices are created perfect. As much as we want to, there will be glitches and shortcomings. Most of the problems I read and heard fall into the slow and lagging category.
But it doesn’t mean that you have to ditch your smartphone and go back being a nomad. Simple tricks and tips could help you solve your phone problems and make full use of your device’s potential.
1. Get a trusted component. A great phone should be paired with a great device. It is like a Batman-Robin tandem. Get the best components in the market. For memory card, a SanDisk Ultra Micro SDXC can be a good one. This memory card comes in Class 6 and Class 10 rating and has a good read, write and transfer speed for better app performance.
2. Turn off unused programs. We have a habit of leaving our Bluetooth and Wi Fi on even when not in use, which can drain your battery and slow some of your programs. As simple as turning them off would definitely do wonders for your phone. Your apps will run faster and you can save from charging frequently.
3. Reduce some settings. You can extend your battery life by turning down your screen brightness a little or reducing the ring volume of your phone.
4. Invest on online storage. Sure you have a kickass memory card, but it doesn’t mean that you have to use all the memory space to a hilt. Memory card serves not only for storage purposes, but also for keeping your phone apps running faster and smoothly. If you are the kind of person who downloads and store a lot of data, then it would be best to get an online storage. You can automatically upload photos, videos and files online to reduce the space. You can back it up through your email or get a Dropbox account.
5. Uninstall unnecessary programs. Unused applications can take up space on your phone. It actually annoys me when I see an unused app on my device. If you are not using it, better uninstall it. You can free your phone from unworthy application and you can also have an extra space that you can use for other things. Once you free your phone from these nuisance, you can actually see that your phone is running faster than it has before.