The turkey and cheese sandwich is a classic lunch dish that is adored by everyone. This can also be a midday meal which you can count on. There is not a single person who says no to this sandwich. But the problem is nowadays, our lives have become too hectic. We have so much stress, workloads, and sky-high ambitions. In order to cope with these lifestyle changes and the changing demands of our lives, one has to take care of their bodies. So, you need to make sure that your body is getting the right amount of nutrients and proteins. Therefore, even with these classic dishes such as a turkey sandwich, you have to rework on it and make it healthy.
This sandwich is a great choice because it needs so little things and gives you a delicious item. But if you want to make it healthier, you should replace the normal bread with a pita bread Melbourne. Take a big size pita and get going with the lovely pita bread with turkey recipe. Pita bread is soft and delicious, perfect for feeding everybody, right from adults to children. Let’s get started with the recipe.
- 1 big pita bread loaf which is about 8 inches in its diameter
- 12 ounces of smoked and cooked turkey in thin slices
- 4 ounces of sliced cheddar cheese
- 3 or 4 tbsps of Dijon Mustard
- 2 ounces of Butter Lettuce Leaves
1. First, take the pita and cut it horizontally. Next, hollow it and remove the soft interior part of the bread from every half and keep it aside. You can later make breadcrumbs using this.
2. Now spread the cut sides of the bread with the mustard. Layer the cooked turkey along with the cheddar inside the bottom part of the bread. Now top it with butter lettuce leaves. Keep it at the top of your pita sandwich, tightly wrapping the pitas in 2 or more layers of plastic wrap and refrigerate it for 1 hour or a little more.
3. Take it out whenever you are hungry and gorge on this pita version of the cold sandwich.
4. A few additional tips for you would be to always cut the sandwich at home and then rewrap it for easy serving whether you have it indoors or go out to enjoy it in the park or the picnic. The best part is that you can even make the sandwich in advance of 1 day and store it in the refrigerator.
So, are you ready for this amazingly easy and delicious recipe that is also great for your health? This is also a great way to enjoy a healthy and tasty pita recipe which you can make at any hour of the day. There are various stores which offer you good quality burger bread and pita bread so that you can make delicious recipes such as pita pockets or the hamburger rolls Melbourne, Sydney, or any other part of Australia.
Author Bio: Ben Hill, a regular blogger on recipes like hamburger rolls Melbourne, here gives us a recipe of the turkey sandwich with cheddar cheese that can be given a healthy twist with pita bread.