What Is The Best Vacuum For Your Home?
An all-in-one, easy-to-use vacuum designed for high manoeuvrability, above-the-ground cleaning and effortless surface transitions.
Every inch is within reach.
- Models with an onboard extension hose make light work of cleaning skirting boards, stairs, furniture and more, using surface-specific attachments to easily lift pet hair, fine dust particles and allergens from the environment.
Designed for optimal mobility.
- This all-in-one vacuum is perfect for people who don’t like to drag the canister behind them, utilising a wider forward-facing cleaning path and a height appropriate design to prevent frequent bending.
Multiple surfaces? No problem.
- Models with a height selector can easily clean low pile and high pile carpets, and ensure homes with hard floors are not impacted when it comes to cleaning dirt and debris.
Generally considered the more hygienic option due to a combined sealed dustbin and dust bag, bagged vacuums typically require less maintenance and are a cost-effective vacuuming solution.
- Ideal for allergy or asthma sufferers thanks to a completely sealed bag and filter compartment as opposed to their bagless counterparts.
- Bigger capacities allow you to clean for longer periods without stopping due to a loss of suction strength.
Spare bags are a must.
- Can only operate with a bag which can be a problem if you run out of replacements, or the current bag simply won’t fit any more dust mid-clean.
An eco-friendly option to vacuuming, without sacrificing on suction strength, filtration or overall performance. A bagless vacuum is becoming an increasingly popular option in today’s cleaning climate.
- There’s something satisfying about watching the dirt and dust you move the floorhead over appear right there in the dustbin. There’s also the added benefit of being able to monitor dustbin levels at a glance.
Don’t forget about those filters.
- Due to the missing dust bag, HEPA and non-HEPA filters will need to be changed more regularly to ensure suction performance is not compromised.
Won’t break your back.
- If you’re comparing a bagged or bagless vacuum, and weight is important to you, go for the bagless model. Without that large canister bagless models can be several kilos lighter than their bagged counterparts.
The perfect addition to any cleaning arsenal. Stick vacuums are ready when you need it thanks to their cord-free, grab-and-go design, and make light work of accidental mess or quick tidy ups.
- Some of the biggest complaints about vacuuming is the amount of noise pollution it brings. Fortunately with a stick vacuum you can get your surfaces looking spotless while emitting as little noise as 68 dBa.
User-friendly is an understatement.
- Sporting runtimes from 20 minutes all the way up to 40 minutes per charge, offering 2-in-1 freedom with hand vacuum convertibility for above-the-ground or vehicle cleaning, and a ridiculously lightweight design weighing between 2-3kg – it’s even perfect for elderly or mobility impaired users.
Mounted or mount-free.
- Depending on your preferences or living situation, most stick vacuums come with a rechargeable dock that’s either wall-mountable or self-standing with the charging cord at the base. If you’re renting or don’t have the perfect space to mount the unit directly to the wall, a self-standing unit is the way to go. And if you’d like a fixed unit to make your grab-and-go cleaning more accessible, many premium stick vacuums have wall-mounting functionality.
The handy helper you never knew you needed. Offering 24/7 and remote cleaning convenience, a robot vacuum is the answer to maintaining clean floors if you’ve got a busy schedule or you’ve got your hands-full of other things.
No more ‘I’ll do it tomorrow’ moments.
- Thanks to advances in innovative WiFi and remote operation technologies, the majority of robot vacuums feature direct app-integration allowing you to control, schedule and monitor from anywhere in the world.
Virtually takes care of itself.
- Featuring onboard sensors that prevent accidental falls or collisions, most models even have battery-level monitoring that helps the robot identify when, either, a cleaning task is completed or when the power level is too low before returning to its charging dock without any assistance.
- Every robot vacuum comes bagless with a removable dustbin that’s easy-to-empty, however, they’re relatively small. If you have a small property you can go virtually months without emptying it yourself. Whereas if you have quite a large property, particularly with lots of carpeted surfaces, expect them to be a little more hands-on than usual.
Wet & Dry
One cleaning machine for every mess. Wet and dry vacuum cleaners are dual-function machines that provide powerful suction for liquid spills and dry mess, along with large storage capacities and durable construction for industrial cleaning environments.
No more machine swapping.
- Whether you’re cleaning your home, garage or in a commercial setting, having a wet & dry vacuum prevents the need for using or transporting, various cleaning machines for dry and liquid mess.
Can be too large for domestic use.
- Wet & dry vacuums are typically designed as a canister machine, and as a result cannot be as easily stored as other vacuum types.
Not just for floors.
- When it comes to cleaning clogged sinks or blocked drains, all you need to do is set your wet & dry vacuum to blower mode (if this is a feature on your model) and watch as the blockage disappears before your eyes.
Pet Hair & Allergy
Vacuum cleaners specifically designed to mitigate allergen triggers such as dust, pollen and pet hair, are one of the most important items you can have in your cleaning arsenal if you suffer from asthma or allergies.
Pet hair? No worries!
- Be on the lookout for models of pet-hair vacuums with tangle-free technology, which stops the brush roll from getting blocked by large quantities of animal fur.
Finally, you can breathe easier.
- Having a HEPA filter in your vacuum is an absolute MUST if you suffer from allergies or asthma. Designed with air purifying containment properties, a HEPA filter can effectively contain dust mites, mould spores, pollen and pet dander in your home.
Not all the same.
- There’s one way to guarantee you’re getting an allergy-proof vacuum cleaner and that is to look out for the Sensitive Choice butterfly. Tried and tested by the National Asthma Council Australia, these vacuum cleaners are proven to cater for all your asthma and allergy needs.
Ready at a moment’s notice. Compact and lightweight vacuum cleaners with a range of attachments for countertops, vehicles, inaccessible areas and more.
Gotta love those nooks and crannies.
- Handheld vacuums are perfect for cleaning crevices, upholstery and above-the-ground surfaces. They typically come with an array of accessories that really help getting into those tricky areas or protect delicate surfaces.
The choice is yours.
- If you’re cleaning out the car or caravan, you’re probably going to need a bit longer to remove every inch of dust. Fortunately there’s a wide range of corded and cordless handheld vacuums available to suit anyone’s cleaning needs.
- Keep in mind that a handheld vacuum is NOT designed to clean your entire house. With relatively small dustbins and filters, be aware that you’ll need to frequently wash the filter and empty the dust canister to ensure suction strength is never impacted.
A range of accessories to take your vacuum to the next level, improve its longevity or turn it into a truly versatile cleaning machine.
- Sometimes all you really need to give your vacuum cleaner the boost it needs is a powerhead. Designed with a motorised brush roll, it gives your vacuum nearly double the power to really get beneath carpet fibres and create a healthier living environment.
Going the distance.
- Most vacuum bags last approximately 3-4 months depending on how frequent your floor cleaning regimen is. However, with a diverter, you can extend this duration tenfold! Fitting in between your vacuum hose and rod, a diverter is designed to capture dust and dirt before it reaches your vacuum.
- If you’ve already got a vacuum at home and you have an unexpected house guest with asthma, or allergy season is coming up fast, all you need to do is grab a compatible S-class or HEPA filter that’s designed to significantly reduce the number of microscopic allergens in the air.
An eco-friendly line of vacuum cleaners constructed from recyclable materials or produce lower emissions to greatly reduce the impact on the environment.
Reduce, reuse, recycle.
- The green range of Electrolux vacuum cleaners is made from large quantities of recycled plastic. To add to this, during the production process less oil, water and energy is consumed to help reduce the global carbon footprint.
Low emissions & cost-effective.
- Be on the lookout for vacuums with an energy-efficient motor. Offering the same (if not better) premium suction strength from a 2000W motor, energy-efficient motors use less energy at home reducing the number of emissions impacting the environment and, better still, help reduce your electricity bills at home.