Well, buying a used car can be quite challenging; however, it’s a joy to own a used car, particularly if you’re able to haggle for a good deal. Here are the handy tips for buying a used Kia car for a smooth and hassle-free experience.
1. What type of car you’re looking for & at what budget?
The first thing you need to figure out is what type of car you want for you and your family requirements and what is the budget you have for it.
To be precise –
- Do you require a sedan, hatchback or an SUV, or more classy like the convertible?
- Would you be driving the car for daily commute to your office and back or those long road trips on your weekends?
Whatever your needs are, you’ve to research used cars and compare them. If you have got a preference for a particular car brand like the “Kia” – then it’s best to go through a specific Kia dealer’s website online and you can look through used Kia cars for sale that best fits your needs and budget.
Well, the key is in knowing the budget beforehand so that you can easily raise the funds to finance the car once you narrow down the new or used Kia car to buy.
2. Examine the used Kia car
If you’re looking at buying a used Kia car, then you’ll have to look for rust, dents, any damage and tyre condition, as you may have to shell out the cost of repairing or replacing the car parts later on. Particularly check if you can find any paint or touch up job done recently. Underneath the hood, check if it still has the original engine and looks out for probable leaks. Above all, take a reliable and expert auto mechanic with you to check the used car as he will be able to offer insights into the condition of the car, which will be invaluable to you to make the used car buying decision.
3. Test drive the used car
While taking a test drive –
- Make sure the car’s brakes, gears, steering wheel, as well as, the headlights and sidelights, are all working appropriately.
- Pay special attention to any sounds/ noises coming out from the engine, particularly at sharp turns, as well as, over the potholes and bumps.
- If it’s practicable, try driving it in diverse terrains/ tracts at different speeds.
- How you felt about the handling and grip of the car. Are you satisfied with the overall driving experience that the used car has to offer?
- Test all the electrics – for instance, air conditioner, sound system, auto-locking, power windows etc.
4. History of used car
Typically, a used car’s history includes –
- Numbers on the car’s odometer.
- Request for maintenance and service records of the car that will also include replaced car parts, if any.
- Research for the car model and manufacture year, especially for any persistent problems that car owners have already reported.
- Finally, take into account the car maker’s repute while you evaluate the car.
5. Check car’s documentation
Before taking your call to buy the used car in question –
- Ask for the car’s original registration papers and other documents.
- Also, go through the current insurance policy and check the “No Claim” bonus status.
- Besides, you’ll need to know the roadworthiness of the car. For this, you need to ask for a “Road Worthiness certificate” – this document is received from a vehicle inspector that certifies a vehicle that abides by Australian safety and environmental guidelines.
6. Haggle your way to an awesome deal
No matter, if you’re buying your used car from an owner or a dealer, there’s always scope for negotiation. Conduct a market survey on the price of similar cars. Nevertheless, watch out of offers that are too good to be true and never hesitate to walk off from a deal if you sense something is suspicious.
The Bottom Line
It’s quite safe to buy kia car from an authorised car dealer than privately. If you want to buy new or used Kia car, then you can contact a reputed and authorised Kia car dealer near you for the best deals on Kia cars for sale.