Roku Streaming Player is a streaming device that is mainly used to get access to video on demand (VOD) over the Internet. But unfortunately, Roku devices are only available in the US, UK, Canada, and Ireland. Features may vary by country and the common Roku TV Support provides technical support for this device.
There will be plenty of opportunities to use Roku to share digital media. The best possible use of Roku is USB media player. You can download your media to a USB flash drive and connect to Roku to play. Also, you may transfer videos to Roku as and when required.
Where to buy?
Roku can be purchased online at Amazon.com or at other retailers. Click here to get to the Amazon.com product page.
When installing for the first time:
- Connect to a projector or TV for playback
- Prior to installing the gadget, read Roku Setup
- Connect one end of the A / V cable included with the Roku streaming player to the “video in” composite jack on the back of the TV or projector. Connect the other end of the cable to the A / V port on the back of the Roku box. You can also use an HDMI cable (not included). (Optional)
- If you are using a wired connection, plug an Ethernet cable (not included) into the Ethernet port on the back of the Roku box. If you are using a wireless connection, you will need your network name and wireless security password.
- Insert the battery into the remote control.
- Connect Roku box power.
- Change the source of the TV or projector to the source to which Roku is connected. The Roku channel main screen appears. Navigate through the installation fields and click the OK button. Click Display Type to choose from the available options and the video format of your TV or projector.
- Navigate through the installation fields and click the OK button. Select Network, choose either wireless or wired (Ethernet) and follow the connection instructions.
Create a Roku account
If this is the first time, you will be prompted to connect to your Roku account. A Roku account must be created on each stake. To create an account, please follow these instructions:
- Go to roku.com/link.
- Click Sign in.
- Click Create an account.
- Follow the instructions to create your Roku account. Note: You must add a payment method when you create your account. If you create an account and want to delete this information, sign out and sign in again. Go to My Account / Payment Methods and select Delete payment method at the bottom of the page.
- To prevent others from adding channels to your account connected to your account, go to My Account, select your Channel Store password, enter a 4-digit number, and click Submit. Make a note of your password.
- Linking Roku streaming players to your Roku account
- Go to www.roku.com.
- Click Sign in.
- Sign in to your stake account. In case you face any interruption contact roku experts for immediate assistance.
Adding Channels to Roku
Given below are the steps to add channels on Roku:
- In My Roku Player, click Connect Player.
- Enter the link code [Show in your Roku player] and click Submit. (If you do not have a credit card in your stake) , click Skip this step .
- Deselect all channels you selected.
- Click Submit.
- Add channel
- On the Roku home screen, select the channel store.
- Use the arrow buttons on the remote to browse the channel.
- Select the channel you want to add.
- Choose Add.
Note: “Depending on your account’s Roku channel store password settings, you may need to enter a four-digit password before adding the channel to the Home screen after you set up Roku Player. To start a new channel immediately, select “Go to channel.”