Industries and warehouses today deal with much heavier and bulkier goods. But to store these heavy goods you need to install some heavy duty robust technology shelving in your warehouse and industrial places. Most of these shelves are made with strong metals and they can provide you the best longevity along with durability and sturdiness. They are available in different sizes, gauges and angles. Depending on the industrial need, you need to choose the shelving.
- Heavy Duty Shelving is the perfect solution to help you maximize the potential of your workspace or warehouse.
- They can be customised based on your needs to allow the storage of much heavier and bulky weights can regular pallet storage solutions.
- Based o the safety rating and durability, you can choose the wooden or the steel shelving. If you want a more feasible shelving option with highest quality, you can also choose the aluminium shelving solutions.
Different features of heavy duty shelving:
- Rolled formed or clip-in type: This is the most commonly found heavy duty shelving system available in the market today. These shelving systems are also called as the ‘teardrop style’ system so named after the holes, which are shaped, as teardrops on the upright column structure. This system allows the clip attachment with shelves or pallets to be easily moved. These can easily withstand high levels of weight depending on the type of cargo or freight that you wish to include as part of this shelving.
- Structural bolt together system: Structural heavy duty shelving systems are almost the same as rolled formed or clip-in kind of storage solution except the fact that they have horizontal load beams attached with them which allow them much higher load bearing strength.
The beams fastened with bolts can easily be dismantled and adjusted to suit the kind of material size being stored. Sometimes the columns of a structural shelving system are also used to support the roof of the building. These are the features of heavy duty shelving.
Major advantages of selective racking/ shelving system:
- They are a perfect storage solution when the stored inventory is rapidly moving i.e. quickly being moved and restocked.
- They are an ideal storage solution for inventory storage applications, cold storage systems etc.
- A great space saving storage solution ideal for different industrial and retail outlets, and for home improvement outlets and distribution centres.
Some of the common configurations with heavy duty shelving:
These systems as the name suggests are based on the concept of a common entry and exit points. It works on the storage system known as LIFO (Last-in, First-out) as, the last pallet, which goes in, must be the first to be removed as it has only one entrance.
Drive-thru or drive through
These systems rely on separate entrance and exits. They can use a storage system called the FIFO (First-in, First-out) Here the pallets stored on the shelves at one end are pushed back to the other side. Hence the first stored one goes to the back of the storage space and can be removed from the other side.
Pallet flow or rolling pallet system
Here the heavy duty shelving is equipped with rails which help the pallets equipped with rollers to move on them. They employ gravity as the shelves are a bit inclined to ease the pallets to roll easily on the rails and push the pallets ahead. The design, dimension, length, height and width are important considerations to make, when you choose the heavy-duty shelving solutions.
Whichever storage system or configuration one chooses, it is essential that they select the most suitable one for their own specific needs giving the best storage solution.