Netgear EX6200 dual-band (AC1200) WiFi range extender maximizes the power of your existing network and ensures that you have continuous internet coverage in every nook and cranny corner of your house. Get ultimate range and performance with Netgear WiFi extender setup that you acquire for iPads, tablets, smartphones, iPhones, laptops, computers, & more.
Moreover, Netgear EX6200 range extender perk up your existing network range and delivers 802.11ac dual-band WiFi up to 1200 Mbps. In addition, its 700mW high-power design provides the ultimate internet range, while the quad-core processor enables the maximum and uninterrupted WiFi performance.
EX6200 works with any standard WiFi router and on the other hand, it is ideal for very large homes and HD video streaming and online gaming as well. Additionally, its MU-MIMO technology is meant to stream to multiple devices simultaneously without any interruption.
Connect your Netgear EX6200 to your existing WiFi Router
In order to connect your range extender to your existing WiFi router and to find the best location place your range extender, make use of one of the following methods:
Use the extender’s WiFi-Protected Setup (WPS) button to establish a strong WiFi connection between the router and your range extender.
Note: You can use this method only if your router supports WPS.
Use a computer or laptop to join the extender’s default WiFi network. After that, launch a web browser to set up a secure and powerful connection between your range extender and the WiFi network.
Use an Ethernet cable to connect your computer/laptop to the extender. Launch an internet browser – type mywifiext into the address bar and set up the connection between extender and the WiFi network.
To connect the Netgear EX6200 with WPS to a router:
- Place your extender close to the existing WiFi router.
- Plug the Netgear EX6200 into a power source.
- Push the WPS button on your range extender.
- Within a minute, push the WPS button on your main router.
- And if your main WiFi router supports the 5GHz band and you want to extend it, then repeat step 3 and step 4.
Move your EX6200 to a new location and start enjoying uninterrupted internet speed.
Access the Netgear EX6200 dual-band (AC1200) WiFi range extender over WiFi and using the Smart Setup
- If your main WiFi router does not support the WPS feature, access the extender over WiFi via Netgear Genie setup to connect your extender to an existing WiFi network.
- As a matter of fact, your range extender has a default WiFi network name (SSID) i.e. Netgear_Ext in the 2.4 GHz band. So you can access it over WiFi.
- Place router and your range extender within reach of each other.
- Plug the EX6200 into an electrical outlet.
- Also, your computer, laptop or mobile device shouldn’t be connected to an Ethernet network.
- Open a WiFi connection manager on your laptop or computer.
- Locate and get connected to the default WiFi network of your range extender.
- Pull up an internet browser.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net into the browser’s address bar field and you will be redirected to Netgear Genie’s smart setup screen automatically.
- Provide the login credentials to the required fields of the displayed page – choose the 2.4GHz network to extend and hit the continue button.
- Type the security settings for your 2.4GHz network.
- Choose a 5GHz network to extend.
- Once done, click on Continue.
- Now, enter the security settings for your 5GHz network as well.
- Make use of the extension names (default), or, in the 2.4GHz SSID field, and moreover, if you have set up a 5 GHz network, in the 5GHz SSID field, type new network names (SSID) for your range extender WiFi networks, and hit the Continue button.
- Wait for a few minutes while your extender applies the settings and creates secure WiFi networks.
- Make use of a WiFi connection manager on your computer or laptop to connect your range extender to 2.4 or the 5 GHz network.
- My wireless devices are connected to the Extender network’ you have to select this checkbox and hit the Continue button.
- Click on Finish and when the pop-up screen displays, hit the OK button.
- Enter the username and password when prompt.
- Fill in your extender’s information and hit the ‘Register’ button.
- Close the web browser – take your range extender and place it to a new location.
Access the Netgear EX6200 Extender over Ethernet
- Plug your EX6200 into a damage-free power source.
- Connect your computer or laptop to the EX6200 using an Ethernet cable.
- Load up an internet browser and type mywifiext or mywifiext.net into the URL bar.
- Choose a 2.4 GHz WiFi network to extend.
- Once done, click on Continue.
- Enter the security settings for EX6200 as well.
- Also, select the 5GHz network to extend, and hit the Continue button.
- Enter the security settings for 5GHz.
- Wait for some time for your range extender to scan the list of available WiFi networks.
- On the computer or laptop, use a WiFi network manager to connect to the EX6200’s newly created 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz network.
- Finally, click on finish – close the web browser – disconnect computer or laptop – the range extender with each other and plug in your extender to your desired location.
For more troubleshooting tips, ask our technicians for Netgear support at toll-free number 1-866-504-8616.