Are you managing an industry that involves hundreds of people? Obviously, you work hard to keep everything in your company at its best while keeping up with the demands of your customers and the needs of your employees. But do you know, apart from you, there is one more thing in your office that bears the brunt of the population? It’s the flooring of your commercial place! Don’t you think it is being constantly crushed and used and is struggling very hard to survive?
Some tips to keep your high traffic zone floors intact!
Always remember to choose only the toughest flooring option available in the market for your commercial space (be it office, mall, factory, etc.). But even the toughest floorings require constant care and looking after to last for long. So, just keep in mind these tips if you want to see your floor stay intact and strong for decades.
- Concentrate on regular cleaning — The best way to ensure that a floor in a high traffic area stays intact is to keep an eye on its regular cleaning. From the spills to the toughest stains, dirt, and dust — everything needs to be dealt with on a daily basis. And as for the mold formation and tough grease on the floor, monthly professional cleaning is extremely important and imperative. (Let’s not forget the perks of weekly pressure washing too!)
- Seal it for better — Coating to seal a surface is an effective way of surface protection. You have lots of options available for concrete sealing in Melbourne. Grind Works provides you multiple options for sealing it — like — epoxy coating, polishing, grinding, etc. With these, you can stay assured that your floor will stay safe and wouldn’t lose its Midas touch because of the scratches or extensive traffic on it.
- Repair it immediately when needed — Never ignore even a small hairline crack on a floor in a high traffic area. This can grow into a bigger problem because of the constant pressure on it and soon you’ll find multiple issues arriving on your floor that can shorten its life.
- Go for temporary protections as well — By temporary protections we mean placing of doormats at the entrances and exits of the office. This keeps the tough and sticky dirt and dust out of the place. Obviously, this would help in keeping the floor presentable for longer as well. (Not to forget the reduced efforts in cleaning it.)
- Be careful when dealing with the heavy stuff — If it’s heavy traffic, it’s not only human beings commuting on the floor. There can also be loads of heavy objects, machinery, vehicles, etc. Imagine if any of these falls! You’ll face severe damage, and the floor won’t last or be in a good condition. But if you are a little careful when dealing with this heavy-duty stuff, you can actually save the floor. And if you are keeping padding under the permanent furniture on your floor, then the life of the floor extends manifold.
These tips are enough to keep your floor perfectly maintained even in a high-traffic area. Ensure you aren’t missing even a single one of these for the best results and a very pleasing and presentable workplace.