Many seniors who are vulnerable or handicapped prefer to stay in their own homes instead of in the hospital. It is a good thing that in home nursing the elderly are provided with all kinds of care solutions, varying from personal care to technical nursing. Highly trained and qualified health care providers can be hired to provide home care, varying from a few hours to 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Home care is provided by competent nurses and health workers. Experienced nurses can administer medication and disease management programs. Meanwhile, health workers are helping the elderly with daily activities such as eating and walking. They can also offer assistance in controlling bladder catheters, colostomy or oxygen delivery.
With in-home nursing services, seniors and their families enjoy many benefits. An advantage of this is that you receive high-quality health care that is cheaper than a nursing home.
In addition to providing medical assistance to seniors at low costs, home nursing also improves the general well-being of seniors. This is because this type of nursing care enables them to maintain regular communication and daily socialization with other people. Such social interactions can help to sharpen a senior’s social skills and help him stay connected.
With the availability of professional medical care, family members do not have to be absent at work or at school to care for their loved ones. For caregivers, hiring home nursing allows them to have a well-deserved break.
It can be quite a challenge to decide when you need to take home care for your older parents. Below are some of the possible cases where you should seriously consider hiring a home nurse to provide professional care to your loved one.
- When you can no longer provide all the care or assistance that your loved one needs from you. As your beloved becomes older, he can begin to lose the ability and the power to take care of himself. For example, your older parent may need help with the use of the toilet or getting in and out, but you do not have the physical ability and the strength to meet his needs. Instead of taking the risk of injuring yourself or neglecting the needs of your senior parent, you should consider hiring a home care provider for him. When he is already recovering and he starts moving again, a home nurse can be hired to help him with his daily activities and help him avoid future accidents or injuries.
- When your parents suffer a fall. Seniors who have had a fall often have an injury that requires surgery. In this case, the help of a home nurse may be necessary, especially when recovering from injury .
- Your senior loved ones require regular medical attention. Seniors who are seriously ill may need the care and daily supervision of a medical professional. Instead of keeping them in the hospital, which is often more expensive, consider hiring home nursing for him. Seniors who continue to live in a familiar environment while receiving the right medical care often recover more quickly than those who reside in a nursing home or other health care institution.
- If you can no longer bear the emotional burden of caring for your older parent. Watching your elderly person’s health and mental state gradually decreasing can be emotionally devastating. But with a home nurse who provides the medical care and daily needs of your loved one for seniors, you can spend more quality time with him. Such a time can be wisely spent by showing him all your love and attention instead of constantly worrying about how you can provide him with the right care. This makes home nursing a practical option, not only for your loved one, but also for you and the whole family.
- If your older parents have symptoms of advanced dementia. Family members often find it difficult to treat senior loved ones who show signs of advanced dementia, such as violent outbursts of erratic behaviour. Home care providers are often the best people to take care of this kind of patients, especially because of the training and experience they have with people with dementia or Alzheimer’s. These people need the special training to deal with such difficult situations.
A reputed home nursing company can take care of your parents needs in the best possible manner.