An open-source and cross-platform automation tool, Appium is becoming one of the renowned tools to automate iOS and Android apps. Soon after the release, it witnessed a tremendous growth in the market. The main reason for an immediate shift was that developers found it easy to deploy and it gives the freedom to write their code in any language supported by Selenium. It includes Python, PHP, Java, C# and Ruby.
Appium uses the same libraries of Android/ iOS to write UI automation script to automate the apps. It supports activities, web views and native views. Every foremost Android app development company offers best-in-class Android testing solutions implementing Appium with a custom framework depending upon customer’s requirements.
Appium is an extended version of Selenium Webdriver API and is created to support iOS and Android driver classes. It is an ideal automation framework for all kinds of mobile applications including hybrid, native and web. Following are the few advantages of using Appium as a mobile automation testing tool.
1. Appium is easy to learn for Selenium users as it has similar architectural functionalities. Also, it is compatible with other tools like Apache Maven, TestNG, Apache Ant and Github.
2. Being a cross-platform automation testing tool, it can be used to test both Android and iOS apps. Not only Appium can work on multiple platforms (Firefox and Windows) but also test diverse kinds of apps like native app, web app and hybrid app.
3. It is a free open source software thus supported by an active community of developers. With the ability to work on different scripting languages, Appium becomes a unique and versatile testing platform.
4. The automation tool offers smooth execution and integration with continuous integration tools including Jenkins.
5. It has a client-server architecture that receives a connection from the client, listens to command, executes the command and responds back asap. This makes it an easy-to-use automation tool.
6. As it has standard automation APIs on all platforms there is no need to recompile or modify your app for testing services.
7. It is compatible for cloud-based testing and users can also run tests on both emulator and real devices.
8. Appium has GUI-related controls and widgets which allows users to run same test scripts for multiple software versions of various apps.
9. It ensures the apps are efficient, high on performance and bug-free before the launch. It saves a lot of time and manual efforts thus seeing a great exponential growth in fleeting time span.
Appium is one of the smart tools with a wide framework interoperability. Several mobile app development company using Appium. With steady advancement in mobile technology, we test mobile applications on the updated testing platform, Appium, to ensure efficiency and bug-free apps.