With Netgear wireless repeaters (extenders) you can turn your ‘dead zones’ into fun zones easily. Netgear extender setup helps you keep mobile devices, media players, computers and laptops connected to WiFi with a secure and reliable connection and expanded coverage in blind spots and poor connectivity areas of your house.
Steps setup your Netgear Wireless Range Extender with ease
- Power on your Netgear signal booster (extender). Then wait for a couple of minutes for the power LED light illuminate solid green.
- Now, on your wireless computer/ laptop, look and connect to Netgear_ext wireless network. It is d to be the default name of your extender’s wireless network.
- After that, open a web browser (any) from the same computer or laptop and the browser will take redirect you to Netgear Genie setup guide.
Tip: You can also access the settings of your range extender by connecting your computer with the range extender and typing www.mywifiext.net into the URL bar field of the web browser.
- Netgear genie will automatically search for wireless networks that it is within range of your range extender.
- When the search is completed – a list of wireless networks within range will be displayed. So, you have to select the name of your wireless network that range you wish to extend, and click on continue.
Note: If your existing network has wireless security enabled, then will be prompted to enter the passphrase (security key or passphrase).
- Enter the router Key and click on continue.
- Moreover, if you do not see your wireless network, ensure that your main router is within the range of your Netgear range extender.
Note: In case the wireless connection of the range extender and the router fail to established, please check for the following:
- Check the wireless password you saved on the router.
- Try to set up the range extender away from interference creating obstructions and public WiFi.
- Reset your Netgear device once.
- Try installing and configuring it via WPS (WiFi-Protected Setup).
Installation of a Netgear Signal Booster using WPS
- Firstly, disconnected all the devices (wired or wireless) that are connected with the range extender.
- After that, press and hold the WPS button on the Netgear WiFi booster (extender) for a few seconds. Release the button when the WPS LED on the front panel of the Netgear device started blinking.
- Now, within a couple of minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless router as well.
- If your existing router supports 5GHz band, then repeat the steps 1 and 2.
- For assistance, dial 1-888-829-5515 and ask us for Netgear extender support.
Configure your smart wireless device via Netgear WiFi range extender manual
For those range extenders that comes with an Ethernet port:
- Use a laptop or a computer to connect to Netgear range expander (extender) with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Now, using mywifiext.net, log in to the web user interface of your Netgear wireless range extender.
- After that, you will be prompted to enter a default username and password.
- Have you logged in successfully? If yes, then go to Setup and after that, click on the “Wireless Settings” option.
- Next, under the security options check the value in the password or the network key field. In case the password is not same as your existing WiFi router password, change it as soon as possible so that it matches and click on “Apply”.
- Finally, reconnect your WiFi devices with the Netgear WiFi range extender.
For those range extenders that comes without an Ethernet port:
- Reset your Netgear smart wireless repeater and after that, connect via WiFi/ internet to it (extender).
- Now, you are supposed to log in to the web user interface of your range extender using mywifiext or the default IP address of your Netgear device i.e. 192.168.1.250.
- Once done, enter the default login credentials (username and password).
- Follow the setup wizard given on mywifiext.net login page to set up your connection to your main/ existing router. (Do not use WPS when reconnecting with the main WiFi router)
- At last, reconnect your networking devices to your smart Netgear range extender.
If this setup process of your range extender doesn’t work either, then try to reset your device back to its factory default values.
- Locate the reset hole on your Netgear device.
- Take a paper clip or pin and insert it into the reset hole.
- Hold it for a few seconds and after that, release it.
- Now, connect through WiFi to your Netgear wireless range extender.
We hope that the handy and easy steps shared in this post were helpful? If you need any assistance, straight-away get in touch with our tech support team.
We are the finest solution partner of Netgear in the world.