If you have been using Office 2007 or Office for Mac 2011, the Office setup will no longer run from this year as the company declared in past year. If you have a purchased version of Office or a subscription to Office 365, you need to upgrade the older version of Office 2016 via sign in Office.com/setup. Since many of the works are totally done on Microsoft Office tools whether it is related to professional purposes or personal, it is important that your Office setup runs and supports your PC.
The latest version of Office has added various advanced features to improve user’s experience. In addition, the newer version will support Windows Operating system and Mac unlike Office 2007. There are reasons why should you upgrade the older version of office (be it Office 7 or older, Office 2010 or office 2013).
WHY SHOULD YOU UPGRADE TO OFFICE 2016?
- Since Office setup 2016 version is built for teamwork, it has multiple features such as real-time editing or typing
- Easy to share and comment, Office online helps to increase the productivity
- Featured with new and advanced chart types in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- You can share all the modern document in Office 2016 or if you are doing it online from One Drive or SharePoint with valid email recipients
- You add comment to any specific user by mentioning their name or email adders
Before you go to upgrade the older Office setup to the latest one, make sure you uninstall the previous app to eliminate software conflicts. The mode to upgrade Microsoft Office 2016 depends on office app you have. If you have a subscription to Office 365, you will need to update it. If you have a one-time purchase to an office or older version Office Home & Student or Office Home & Business, you can upgrade it by following the steps mentioned below.
(Also, note that, if you have a purchased version of Microsoft Office, you will need office setup with product key to activate it.)
STEPS TO UPGRADE TO MICROSOFT OFFICE 2O16
FOR WINDOWS OPERATING SYSTEM:
You can also get a subscription to Office 2016, install 65-bit version or install Office in a different language.
- Visit the official site of Microsoft office and sign in to your account
- If you don’t have an account on Microsoft Office, click on Sign up button, enter required details and follow instruction displayed on your screen
- Log in to your account and click on My Office Account
- Find and click on Install button
- Visit the link office.com/myaccount
- Enter your login details associated with your Microsoft Account and click Sign in
- Go to My Office Account and install Office Setup 2016
If you encounter any error while upgrading to Office 2016, connect with Office customer support to receive assistance from experts.