Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is well-renowned for its simplicity and effectiveness. When you breathe it is only 21% oxygen that you take in. However, in this form of treatment, your body is supplied with 100% oxygen supply. This is possible with the help of the pressurized chamber which is designed for several therapeutic procedures. Sometimes people are prescribed with this procedure as a basic treatment. Whereas there are some who are prescribed with antibiotics and surgery along with the therapy. In case you are suggested with these procedures you can learn about under pressure inc. Only when you are aware of it in detail, you will be comfortable undergoing the same.
- How it does hyperbaric oxygen treatment in Mississauga works?
- Since your body needs 100% oxygen to treat the ailments, you will be placed in a hyperbaric oxygen chamber. This chamber is then pressed with oxygen so that your body is exposed to as much oxygen as possible. The oxygen is supplied to different body tissues with the blood circulation.
- Many people assume that if there are wounds, they should be exposed to the oxygen as much as possible. However, the oxygen therapy does not work this way. In fact, there are chances that the wound dressings would not be touched and left as they are during the treatment.
- The procedure for the treatment would vary from patient to patient. Even though you undergo the same treatment, it is not necessary you will get the same results as the other person. Talk with your physician before and after the treatment to know about the process and the improvements.
- In which cases the oxygen chambers treatment would be helpful?
Apart from complex treatments, there are several situations when your doctor might prescribe you with the hyperbaric oxygen treatment. They can be:
- Healing the wound
- Increased supply of oxygen to the injured tissues
- Skin infection
- Preserving the damaged tissues
- Eliminating the toxin build up
- Reducing the effects of toxins in body
Eliminating or reducing gas bubble obstructions
- How to prepare oneself for the hyperbaric oxygen tank treatment?
- There is no elaborate procedure that you need to follow when you are prescribed with the treatment. You will be lying in the chamber comfortably as you lay on your bed. Since the treatment might go on for prolonged period, you can listen to your playlist, read, watch TV or even relax and sleep throughout the procedure.
- It is possible that you might feel fullness in your ears like you feel when you are crossing a tunnel or flying in a plane. This is simply because your eardrums experience changes in the pressure. However, your physician will guide you on how to deal with the discomfort before you begin the treatment.
- Depending on the situation, you need to be ready for the sessions that your physician prescribes you with. It can be around 20 to 40 sessions. However, the exact number for hyperbaric oxygen treatment in Mississauga will be decided by your doctor as he witnesses improvements in your condition.