In recent years, the on-demand app development market is on its pinnacle and because of an increase in the online activities the on-demand applications have built up a growing economy in the worldwide market. One of them is the ride-hailing taxi app and this service has made it to the top in the global markets. Taxi app development companies are getting lots of startup projects to dispatch their taxi application rapidly.
The applications like Uber, Ola, etc are doing great in this industry, and as it’s expected to augment a lot in the upcoming years.
Understanding how the Uber application work:
Uber app works on 4 main pillars and they are-
1. Requesting a ride
When a user opens the application on his smartphone, he/she can see the rides near him by just a tap he/she can easily request a cab and contact the respective driver.
At the point when the user taps on the driver, the driver can access the request by the user and has the authority to accept or reject the request, and if the driver accepts the request, user can access his taxi.
The user can ride the cab after the driver accepts his ride and drops him/her to his destination and after the successful payment process like multiple payment options such as credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and COD & the ride is finished successfully.
4. Rating & Review
The user can rate and review the ride based on some of the features like driver’s behaviour, car condition, etc. and rate the driver out of 5.
There are a total of three components for a taxi app they are customer app, driver app & admin panel:
As the customer app is the most vital part of the taxi booking app, it ought to be the most attractive part so these are some features of the customer app:
- Easy signup & login
- Selection of taxi among various taxis.
- Booking confirmation to keep the passenger updated about his/her current booking status.
- Push notifications to keep the user updated about taxi location status.
- Customer review for improvement of the app.
- Price estimation for the passenger to get him to know what price he/she will have to pay for the ride.
- The payment process is a very significant part of the customer app giving a safe and secure payment option and allowing passengers to pay through multiple payment options.
The driver app is likewise a significant part and taxi booking app making it very convenient for the driver to utilize it.
- Activity status for the driver to receive the requests.
- Driver profile which has a record office identity and the years of experience.
- Calling feature for the driver which allow him to call the passenger when needed for navigation.
- Navigation panel for the driver to get the proper guidance about the destination.
- Estimation time for the driver to reach the destination.
- Driver history which helps the driver to know how much ride he has completed and know his pay amount.
Admin panel is the main panel by which the entire application is controlled to keep this panel safe and secure from hackers is also a crucial task for taxi booking app development.
- Overall management for the admin so that admin can have control over the application and can know the things happening on the type of a smartphone.
- Feedback review system for the admin panel to view the feedback by the passengers and improve accordingly.
- The vehicle tracking system allows admin to know where actually the taxi is and safeguard the user experience.
- Discounts and promotional offers can be implemented by the admin panel to grab more customers.
- Safe and secure payment gateway to receive the payments made by the customers.
How much does a taxi booking app cost?
Generally, taxi booking app development comprises of three platforms where one is the customer app, the second one is the driver app and the last one is the admin panel.
It requires the following things to make a well functioning taxi booking app.
- Planning and execution
- Time and cost estimation
- UI/UX design
- Number of features
- Overall app development
- Testing and launch
After considering all these features of a well functioning taxi booking app, the development cost differs from your requirements.
The cost of building up a taxi booking app in the western countries is around $40,000 to $50,000 but making the taxi app in some of the IT nations like India will diminish by a range of $11000 to $16000. If you have a taxi app idea that may change the world of transportation, taxi app developers at PeppyOcean assist you with imparting it a real-life shape.