McAfee is one of the best security products that user can install to secure his/her device. It protects your system from various viruses, malware and other online threats. In case if the user finds any virus or threat in his/her system then ultimately he/she needs to visit McAfee Activate Security Center.
While reaching to the Security Centre the user may face some issues that are as follows:
User can only see a blank, white screen on the system while reaching the Security Centre
User might see a JScript error, on screen.
User might have the same issue with the other applications as well on the system.
The Error message that will display on your screen while reaching the Security Centre is, “Security Center fails to open, displays a blank white screen, or displays a JScript error”.
The following issue is specifically caused in the Windows operating systems only. This problem is caused due to following errors:
This error can occur in your system when the system files or components become unregistered for any reason.
This issue can also arise when multiple components depend on one another to provide full functionality in the system.
In case if the following components are not registered correctly on the system. The user will unable to function and because the type of problem “Security Center fails to open, displays a blank white screen, or displays a JScript error” you are looking at your system screen.
If you have the problem file or component that is the part of the user McAfee software. The user needs to follow some simple steps to fix the problem.
In case if the user sees a blank Security Center screen, it might be because of an incorrect registry key that references JScript.
- To fix this issue, download and run the script
- Maybe user needs to restart the computer when the download completes so first save your open work because the script prompt to do so.
- Now download and save the mcscriptfix.zip file attached to this article at your system.
- Decompress the file you downloaded and save mcscriptfix.bat to the system.
- Before selecting the Run as Administrator, click right to mcscriptfix.bat.
- Click Yes in the User Account Control box.
- When this script starts running, the user can see a black DOS Prompt window on his screen
- During incitation first Press any key to continue
- Now restart your system.
- After following the preceded procedure make sure that your McAfee product is functioning properly and you are not facing the same issue.
If the problem persists step forward and continue with the step 2.
- First, you just need to download and run the McAfee Pre-Install Tool
- After processing downloading file and save it to your desktop: named Pre-Install Tool.
- Now double-click the Pre-Install_Tool.exe file and track the prompts
- Read the warning message carefully before clicking the OK button to agree to the changes occur in your system
- After the installation of the Preinstall Tool, click OK.
- Now click Close and restart your system.
- After following the aforesaid process make sure that your McAfee product is functioning properly and you are not facing the same issue.
If you still face the same problem, continue with the step 3.
- To continue with the process first Uninstall and reinstall your McAfee Security product
- Once the user finished with the reinstalling of McAfee Security product
- You may need to restart your system again to ensure if your McAfee product is functioning properly on your windows system or not
If the issue persists with your McAfee Security Centre then the problem is might be related to your windows operating system
Now it’s time to focus how to prevent your windows error to respond properly.
How to prevent windows error?
If your operating system is having an issue then you can’t access the Security Centre. To resolve that issue or error on the screen track the steps given below:
- First, open your operating system window and if you see any error displayed on your screen note that properly.
- Start the procedure by clicking Start button and select the Search box
- To continue the process type “cmd” and enter
- Now Right-click the command button and now choose “Open as Administrator”
- To resolve this issue user only need to type the following commands and ensure if they have successfully completed the command the user only need to press ENTER after every command and wait to see a success or failure message.
- regsvr32 scrrun.dll
- regsvr32 jscript.dll
- regsvr32 vbscript.dll
- One more command that is needed by an Internet Explorer 9 user is
- regsvr32 jscript9.dll
After completing this procedure your windows issue will be resolved and your screen shows you no error message. Now open your McAfee product again. If the problem still there call McAfee.com/Activate Toll-Free Number
Maria Williams is a renowned technical writer. She has been keeping a stern concern over the updates and errors of various anti-virus and security software. Through her blogs and articles, she strives to deliver the information in order to make awareness about the updates and error fixing methods.
Source : http://pcgeekslive.blogspot.com/2018/03/how-to-access-mcafee-security-centre.html