A Linksys WiFi range extender is a device that allows you to repeat the existing WiFi signal of an existing WiFi router in order to provide high-speed of internet connectivity to hard-to-reach areas via secure and reliable wireless connection.
In this article, we will guide you on how to access your Linksys WiFi extender’s web-based setup page through http://extender.linksys.com. Click on the below-given links that apply best to your currently active network setup:
- For a non-configured extender
- For an already configured extender
For a non-configured extender
First of all, connect a computer or laptop to the Ethernet port of Linksys WiFi range extender.
Follow these steps given below in order to access the web-based setup page for the given scenarios:
- You just got a brand new range extender and it is not configured and installed.
- You have reset your Linksys device and prefer to set it manually.
- Your extender is configured properly but it’s not connecting to your wireless router.
Plug your range extender into the power outlet. Wait for the indicator lights on your device to become stable.
Connect your computer or laptop to the Ethernet port of your Linksys device using an Ethernet cable.
Launch a web browser. Enter Linksys WiFi range extender default IP address i.e. 192.168.1.1 into the address bar field. If this doesn’t work, then you can go with extender.linksys web address).
Fill default username and password when prompt and after that, click OK or Login to continue further.
Note: If you have customized your login details, then enter them instead.
Congrats! You are now able to access the web-based setup page of your Linksys WiFi range extender. For assistance, call us now on 1-844-726-2255.
For an already configured range extender
For a configured range extender, what you need is the default IP address of the range extender so that you can access its web-based setup page without any issue. You can check the router’s DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) Client Table and look for the IP address of your device.
Select your operating system (OS) for the specific instructions:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8 / 8.1
- Windows 7 / Vista
- Windows XP
- Mac OS X
- First of all, hit the Start button.
- Click on File Explorer.
- Click on Network situated on the left pane.
- Right click your range extender’s icon.
- Click on View device web page.
- You will now be prompted for a username and a password (default). You can also use your customized password.
- Click OK or Login.
You are now able to use the web-based setup page of your Linksys range extender.
Windows 8 / 8.1
Show the Charms bar.
Point your cursor to the top right corner of your home screen.
- Click on Search.
- Enter “network” in the search field and click on Network app.
- Right-click your WiFi extender’s icon.
- Click on Properties and make a note of your Linksys range extender’s IP address.
- Launch your web browser.
- Into the address bar field, enter the IP address of your device.
- Enter login credentials (default or customized one) and click on OK or Login.
Good Job! You are now able to access the web-based setup page of your device.
If you are facing issues in accessing Linksys WiFi extender login page, then call our professionals immediately.
Windows 7 / Vista
- Click on Pearl button.
Enter “Windows Explorer” in the search field.
- Click the Windows Explorer app.
- Click Network situated on the left pane of the displayed window.
- Right-click on your extender’s.
- Click on Properties and note down your Linksys extender’s IP address.
- Launch a web browser.
- Enter IP address of your device into the URL bar.
- Fill in the login credentials (customized or default) and click on OK or Login.
- Click the Start button.
- Click on My Network Places.
- Right-click your WiFi extender’s.
- Click on Properties. Note down the IP address of your extender Linksys as well.
- Launch an internet browser.
- Into the URL bar, enter the IP address of your device.
- Enter username and password (customized or default) and click Login or OK.
Mac OS X
- Open your Safari web browser.
- Click on Bookmarks tab.
- Select Bonjour.
- From the available option, look for your device and double click on it.
- Fill in the login credentials (default or customized) and click on Log In.
In this way, you can access the Linksys extender login (web-based) page of your smart Linksys device. For more troubleshooting tips, simply ask our technical department via comment section below.