AOL email is extremely popular amongst people because of its reliable service and legendary status. IT is one of the oldest email services. If you wish to know how to add your AOL account to your Outlook 2013 account with IMAP settings, then read on.
WHY IS IT BETTER TO USE IMAP?
IMAP and POP decide how the incoming mail is moved, deleted, saved and synced between the mail server and the inbox. On one hand, POP moves mail from the server to the device such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc, when the user is accessing email and it either saves or deletes the moved mail from the email server and the inbox. On the other hand, in IMAP the email which has come to the email server stays there, thus allowing the user to be able to track what is going on in their every local inbox.
Given that IMAP emphasizes on ensuring that the mail messages on the email server and the user’s inboxes are all in sync, if you use multiple devices, you should switch to IMAP. IMAP allows users at different places, using multiple devices, to manage and access the same inbox. With IMAP server, the user can sign in from work, iPad, home, or desktop and get the exact same view of their email inbox because all the local inbox changes are synchronized.
STEPS TO ADD YOUR AOL EMAIL ACCOUNT TO OUTLOOK 2013 USING IMAP:-
- Double click on Outlook 2013 icon and wait for it to open.
- On the Outlook 2013 home page, click on the file tab.
- After that, right above the button for Account Settings, click on Add Account.
- Choose Manual setup or additional server types.
- In the Add Account window, check the Pop or IMAP circle in Choose Service.
- Click on the Next button.
- Fill in your user information along with the server information.
- Set Account type as IMAP.
- In the Incoming mail server blank, write imap.aol.com
- In the outgoing mail server(SMTP) blank, write smtp.aol.com
- Now you can enter your login information such as Username and Password.
- Check the Remember Password box if you wish to save it.
- You can also check the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) box if you want to make the logon safer.
- Click on the More Settings button.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box which is right next to my outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Click on the radio button which is right next to Use same settings as my incoming email server.
- Click on Ok.
- Go to the Internet E-mail Settings window.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Verify whether the incoming server (IMAP) is set as 993 or 143.
- Check whether SSL is the Incoming server encrypted connection.
- Make sure that the Outgoing server or SMTP is set as 587
- Lastly, ensure that TLS is the outgoing server encrypted connection.
- Click on OK after verifying.
- Click on Next.
- If you have entered each detail correctly, then both of the tasks will get successfully completed.
- Close the window and click on Next.
- Your settings have been successfully changed.
- Click on Finish in the Change account window.
- Now you can check your AOL emails through Outlook.
If you are having any issue with adding your AOL account to Outlook, get help from AOL Support. The AOL email customer support staff consists of seasoned and certified technicians who can fix each and every AOL related issue under the sky. The AOL Email customer service is open 24/7 to provide the most efficient and reliable troubleshooting solutions. If you face any error or have any query pertaining to AOL, dial the AOL support number.