Ever faced a situation where the Christmas turkey didn’t fit into your cramped refrigerator? Is your freezer always overflowing and just requires a bit more space? Then you probably might want to get yourself a chest freezer. Chest freezers are the perfect freezers for storing large amounts of food. They have huge spaces inside them which is useful in storing huge quantities or bulky food. They provide ample space and safe cold storage. There are several chest freezers out there and it becomes quite an unnerving task to look through all those to find your ideal product. Read on to get a few tips that might help you decide.
What to look for in a chest freezer?
Here are some basic requirements that your chest freezer must satisfy. Use these as a checklist before buying a chest freezer.
- Size: Because of its huge storage capacity, chest freezers tend to be quite large. There are also a few smaller compact ones out there that will be more suitable for small houses. Make sure your chest freezer will fit into your room.
- Cost and efficiency: Chest freezers are usually quite cheap but their operation cost might be quite high as they run for long durations. So check if your freezer is energy efficient.
- Defrost options: Only some chest freezers have automatic defrost capabilities, while most have to be defrosted manually.
- Storage baskets: Traditionally chest freezers are used to store large bulky items, so smaller food can get lost in the wide spaces. A suspended storage basket enables you to store such small foods efficiently and separately inside the main compartment.
- Temperature warning: These are warning lights or alarms that alert you when the freezer temperature rises beyond the acceptable value.
Apart from these basic features, also look for a counterbalanced lid and an in-built safety lock in the freezer.
Best Chest Freezers
A lot of chest freezers possess the above features with varying degrees of satisfaction. Let us look at some of the most popular ones in the market today.
Midea WHS-129C1 Single Door 3.5 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer
With an adjustable thermostat that operates from -12 to -28 degrees, this freezer from Midea, is a great place to store your food. It comes with a handy hanging storage basket and hinged door that can be opened at varying angles. It is durable, quiet and discreet. It is easy to handle and is ideal for small families.
Danby DCF072A2WDB1 7.2 Cubic Feet Chest Freezer
This model by Danby is one of the most energy efficient and environmentally sustainable eco-friendly chest freezers. It has an adjustable white wire basket, a front mounted thermostat and a defrost drain. Even though it is quite large in size, it is so built that is can fit through most doors and is quite easy to handle and clean.
For more juicy information on other such great models, reviews and comparisons on the best chest freezers, follow this web link: https://grapefrost.com/chest-freezers/.