John F Kennedy once said: “We must Find Time to Stop and Thank the People who Make a Difference in our Lives.” That quote, very well sums up what Thanksgiving is partially about. School children around the United States are taught that this special and unique holiday is about the original engagement between Pilgrims and Native Americans, which it is. However this Holiday now is about so much more. Thanksgiving is a great time to spend time with family and reflect about what we are thankful for. To that end this article is about how to celebrate Thanks in Marin County.
- Go for a drive or bike ride around the Paradise Loop in Tiburon. This scenario is something that is hard to forget.
- Take a hike and celebrate the beauty of this county. Hike the Southern Marin Line or Hoo Koo E Koo Trail. There is so much gorgeous landscape around here.
- Be thankful that you have home insurance in Marin County and that your family is safe and sound. Sadly a large percentage of homeowners are being non-renewed. So many people have lost their home due to all of the wildfires.
- Bake a pie for a neighbor, even one that you do not know. Yes this may sound old fashioned, but what a pleasant surprise. What could be nicer?
- That that mean driver get their lane. Who cares? Seriously do those super aggressive drivers really get to their destination any faster?
- Head to the beach at Stinson or Bolinas. Yes, its nicer in the summer, but far more crowded. A lonely Marin Beach walk is an incredible thing.
- Donate Money to a worthy Charity in Northern California. I realize that its in vogue to volunteer at a soup kitchen this time of year. But many of these organizations really need cash.
Enjoy your 2019 November Holiday season in and around the San Francisco Bay Area. Enjoy time with your family and take some time to reflect.