Are you asking yourself how to setup a Linksys range extender? Are you facing issues while login? Do you actually want an accurate solution to such maddening and annoying problem? O.K then. You will be delighted to know that here in this post you will get an appropriate and instant solution to your problems.
Important Note: The status of your Linksys range extender is very essential. It lets you confirmed whether you are properly connected to the wireless network or not. Moreover, you can also confirm whether it is receiving live signals as well as IP address from your router or not.
Check the Status of your Linksys Extender by following some steps given below:
- Attach your computer with the range extender via Ethernet cable.
- Pull up a web browser and after that in the address bar type http://extender.linksys.com.
- Now, in the left navigation under ‘Status’ click on ‘Device Info’.
- Under the ‘Network Address’, check the ‘Subnet Mask’.
- Once done, click on ‘Default Gateway’.
Note down that your range extender and the computer supposed to be in the same room as of router. Moreover, the default IP address should contain the same first three octets.
Every device in your home that is connected to WiFi router supposed to have the same first three octets as the ‘Default Gateway’. In case the Default Gateway is 192.168.1.1, then your other devices should have an IP address of 192.168.1.x. Consider that, ‘X’ is the only value that is different from each other totally.
- Next, under ‘Status’ click on ‘WLAN Statistics’.
- Check the SSID field whether it is similar to your wireless network or not. If yes, then click on the ‘Status’ below.
NOTE: These settings are same as the 5GHz settings (only if you have a simultaneous dual-band router).
The Aforementioned Not Meant To Reset a Linksys Range Extender
How to Reset Linksys Range Extender
A Linksys range extender in this modern world is very useful to boost the internet coming out of your existing router to the far corner (dead zone areas) of your house. Just apply some basic steps mentioned below and make your range extender ready to use.
Like other WiFi devices, Extender Linksys also have two main ways to be restored.
- Soft Reset
For this, you have to:
- Turn on your PC or a laptop.
- Pull up a web browser and access the setup page of Linksys range extender (web-based).
- Now, type Linksys extender.linksys.com or linksys in the address bar.
- Fill in the default login credentials (username and password).
- Next, move to ‘Administration’ field and proceed towards the reset process.
- Finally, click on ‘Factory Reset’ button.
Important Note: In case the mentioned URL doesn’t allow you to access linksys extender login page, then you can type the default IP address of the range extender into field of address bar.
- Hard Reset
For this, you have to
- Turn off your computer or laptop (whichever you are using) and disconnect all the active devices and connections connected with your range extender.
- Connect the power cable and let your range extender boot up properly. Have patience. Do not interrupt the program in-between.
- As soon as you see that your Linksys range extender had been rebooted, insert a paper clip or any thin object into the factory reset hole and hold it for 20 seconds.
- Now, release the hole and after that, shut down for device for five minutes. Once done, restart your device.
Hope the mentioned article proved helpful for you. There is nothing in this post that we didn’t answer or described. If you found that there is something left by us, don’t hesitate in dropping them below. We are there to handle your queries.