Not everyone has the luxury of having a lot of outdoor space in which to fill with statues, water features and large pieces of outdoor furniture Melbourne. But, you don’t need a lot of space for it to look nice. Some of the best outdoor space ideas are those that have been created with limited space in mind. Check out these tips below for how to get the most out of your outdoor space.
- Clear the room: To best assess what usable space you do have, clear everything away from the outdoor area and patio if applicable and take a good look around. Look in places you may not have previously thought about like tight corners and vertical space. There is great outdoor furniture Sydney pieces for spaces of all shapes and sizes so don’t rule out anywhere!
- Consider the layout: Think about layouts that place your outdoor furniture Brisbane in the corner or along a wall. If you are a budding artist, you can always try sketching different layouts and placing items of your outdoor furniture in different spots to see what might work best.
- Look for slim outdoor furniture options: Where your outdoor space is limited it may be worth opting for a small, folding table and chairs option underneath an umbrella rather than a full dining set. Or something like a French bistro table which is small and delicate and the accompanying chairs are normally quite petite also.
- Choose easy to store outdoor furniture: You may not want to have your furniture out all year round, or may need to utilize the space for something else. In which case, it is best to choose outdoor furniture Melbourne that is lightweight and flexible and easy to pack away when not needed.
- Make use of vertical space: If you don’t have much floor space to work with, then start on the walls. Walls are great for hanging shelves, plants, and pictures.
- Choose your colors wisely: When decorating a small outdoor space just remember that light and neutral colors work well as space expanders and this is true for both paint and outdoor furniture Sydney. Also, by using stools or chairs that are on raised legs you are creating a sense of extra light and space making the area appear larger.
- Prepare for your trip: Before you set off to get your new outdoor furniture to transform your space just make sure you are prepared. You need to ensure you have all measurements of space and notes any architectural features such as steps or odd shaped corners. If possible, take a scale diagram with you. This will give you the best chance of seeing if the outdoor furniture Brisbane you are looking at will fit in the space you need it to.